Suntrust Park

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
As a ticket holder who lives in Cobb; I'm ecstatic that I don't have to cross the river to go to a Braves game. I also revel in the fact that the AJC et al is taking it on the chin regarding Mercedes Benz and the ever expanding budget and delays while Suntrust came in ahead of schedule and on budget. The move could have been handled better and Cobb County could have negotiated a better deal but compared to the dumpster fire downtown, I'll take it.

You can keep taking on the chin with the suntrust park crappy expensive concsessions. Lines were out of control saturday only to get to the front and find out card machines were down. I'll take the Benz concessions prices any day and twice on sunday:

Classic Hot Dog $2 Waffle Fries $3
Pizza Slice $3 Classic Cheeseburger $5
Nachos $3 Chicken Tender Basket $6
Pretzel $2 Popcorn $2
Peanuts $3
Beverages Cost Cost
Regular Coca-Cola** $2 Dasani Bottled Water $2
Souvenir Coca-Cola** $4 12 oz. Bud Light $5

As for the stadium? Well it has a cool water feature in the outfield...wow!!!!

Not going back there anytime soon.

Coenen

Lines were out of control saturday only to get to the front and find out card machines were down.
Probably why the lines were long. :stir:

Not looking forward to the traffic, but I am looking forward to the games so close. We will probably hit 10 games this year, already have Metallica tickets for July 9.
Me too! I saw them last time they were in town at Philips, they are a great show. Avenged Sevenfold as an opener ain't to shabby either. Really looking forward to it.

I'm sure I'll catch a game or two this season as well, by mid year I'm sure they'll be doing some promos for the mid-week games and whatnot.

Anybody park in the the tailgating lot yet? My buddies and I usually go down early and make an evening of it.

PappyHoel

Not looking forward to the traffic, but I am looking forward to the games so close. We will probably hit 10 games this year, already have Metallica tickets for July 9.

Having said this, I am going to take advantage of a few things and maybe make a few bucks off this thing. We shall see.

I like Metallica but it was bar none the worst concert I've ever seen. They lip syncd and it was off beat. It was the last show in the Omni

cam88

Went to last nights and Sunday's game and had to say it was a great atmosphere. Also not a bad seat in the house, just hope they get the Uber situation figured out.

ddavis1120

You can keep taking on the chin with the suntrust park crappy expensive concsessions. Lines were out of control saturday only to get to the front and find out card machines were down. I'll take the Benz concessions prices any day and twice on sunday:
Not going back there anytime soon.

That's why I always carry plenty of cash.

Fulton county voters tickle me; worry about a $5 hot dog while while their stadium is a billion (with a B) over initial projections with no end in sight. Quite frankly, Braves fans are going to pay $5 for a hot dog whether it's at Turner Field or Suntrust. They just don't risk their life and property at Suntrust.
And don't forget the Mercedes Benz concession prices are projections; if they're like everything else associated with MB the $2 hot dog will actually cost you $5.

Patriot44

Banned
I like Metallica but it was bar none the worst concert I've ever seen. They lip syncd and it was off beat. It was the last show in the Omni

Hoping for the best, this is a daddy daughter date. My daughter and her friends love Metallica, must be awesome being raised by 80's parents...:cool:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I was very impressed with the stadium, the parking and the whole experience, right down to the Cobb County Police officers compared to the Atlanta PD

Patriot44

Banned

I sure hope this is a good one, it cost a nickel or two. It will be my daughters first concert. Awol nation and Volbeat will be good too, I hope.

Coenen

I sure hope this is a good one, it cost a nickel or two. It will be my daughters first concert. Awol nation and Volbeat will be good too, I hope.
I saw them at Philips in '09 and they rocked the place from beginning to end. Sound was good, music was tight, crowd was totally engaged from start to finish, it was awesome. They were 100% worth the price of admission, IMO.

Special bonus, since they're not at MBS, we won't have to worry about the roof falling on us. :biggrin2:

Patriot44

Banned
Leaving last night, we almost (ALMOST) walked ourselves sober finding our ride but HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! WHAT A SHOW!!

The best Heavy Metal show that I have ever been too. The music was so loud that you had to wear hearing protection in the stadium (I didn't take any as most didn't). Metallica KILLED IT!

There is not a bad seat in Suntrust and the Battery is really, really cool. $18 Uber ride in.

I suspect a normal baseball game would not dump 50K people onto the streets like that tho, not normally.

Suntrust gets two thumbs up from me and we will be going back. The added news is my daughter and I can't hear my wife yelling and screaming at us for the next couple days.. :bounce:

Coenen

Leaving last night, we almost (ALMOST) walked ourselves sober finding our ride but HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! WHAT A SHOW!!

The best Heavy Metal show that I have ever been too. The music was so loud that you had to wear hearing protection in the stadium (I didn't take any as most didn't). Metallica KILLED IT!

There is not a bad seat in Suntrust and the Battery is really, really cool. $18 Uber ride in.

I suspect a normal baseball game would not dump 50K people onto the streets like that tho, not normally.

Suntrust gets two thumbs up from me and we will be going back. The added news is my daughter and I can't hear my wife yelling and screaming at us for the next couple days.. :bounce:
(5) Agree Strongly. With all points. If not for the 11pm noise clause, I think we'd have gotten at least a couple more songs out of them. The crowd was still hyped, and the band seemed ready to keep it rocking.

The parking IS a little far flung, but other than that it is a first class venue. We were out in lot E-40 or 43 or something, once we got out of the actual lot we cruised straight to the highway. We had in a issue with getting our wrist bands for field access, and bounced through a couple of different folks trying to get it squared away. Everyone we dealt with was friendly, had a smile on their face, and seemed genuinely happy to help.

Really dug the big fans in the concourse, that air flow helped cut down on the heat a TON. I liked the clear bag for outside food policy as well, that seems like a happy medium for fans and the venue. From field level the whole place seems cozy. All in all it is a really impressive venue.

My only question is, what are concessions prices like for an actual ball game? My understanding is that a lot of the prices *cough*beer*cough* were raised a bit for this concert.

Take the opportunity to check this place out, guys. I don't think you'll regret it. :cool:

BornToHuntAndFish

After the event, I read good things about the Metallica heavy metal action in the news.

Glad to hear ya'll had some good times.

Thanks for the rocking update, Sir.:bounce:

:cool: