Noontootla Creek

JasonF

Took this one about a month ago while fishing.

Attachments

• NoontootlaCreekfb.jpg
    NoontootlaCreekfb.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 318

turkeykirk

Great picture!

GAJoe

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Nice photo which brings back a lot of memories. The turn off the blacktop at Grizzle's Store off Ga. 52 (if memory serves) from Dahlonega, up past Jones Creek. Noontootla or Noontootely is where I taught myself to flyfish back in the late 1960's. Back then there was a barefooted, DNR creel census checker stationed at the headwaters. He wore denim overalls. Often wondered about whatever happened to him. It was great fishing for native browns and 'bows in those days. I caught two keepers in those days--one on Panther Martin and one on a muddler minnow. Haven't fished it in over 35 years. Gil

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Sweet capture! Hope you and the family are well. Good to see you stopping by Jason.

JasonF

Nice photo which brings back a lot of memories. The turn off the blacktop at Grizzle's Store off Ga. 52 (if memory serves) from Dahlonega, up past Jones Creek. Noontootla or Noontootely is where I taught myself to flyfish back in the late 1960's. Back then there was a barefooted, DNR creel census checker stationed at the headwaters. He wore denim overalls. Often wondered about whatever happened to him. It was great fishing for native browns and 'bows in those days. I caught two keepers in those days--one on Panther Martin and one on a muddler minnow. Haven't fished it in over 35 years. Gil

This creek is off of F.S. 58 near Suches, Ga. It's a nice little stream with wild trout. Not much for size but the wild fish and scenery are beautiful.

JasonF

Sweet capture! Hope you and the family are well. Good to see you stopping by Jason.

Thank you, Sir! Nice to get out an shoot again...it's been a while.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Jason, Suches is on the downstream end. Coming out of Dahlonega, Ga. 52 was the route I came in, and went up the mountains into the upstream end. The old DNR directions gave Grizzle's Store as the landmark to turn off on. Some great memories there. Due to its no kill other except 16" or better size restrictions, it held a lot of fish. The most memorable fish I caught I first saw opening day and several trips thereafter. She held in a small broken water pool, no bigger than a pick-up truck and her safety zone was under a rock ledge on the left side of the creek. Just before dark, I stood near the big rock, quartered downstream a dry Muddler on a short cast to the tail out. I saw movement, recast when it drifted past, and she took. I mounted the fish, 16+" which was lost in a house fire. This was over 45 years ago. Gil

Last edited:

rip18

Sweet! Looks much cooler than way down here!