Other ways???

ErikGibb

Looking for other cheaper ways to keep deer on the area other than corn or minerals. Anyone have other options??? Thanks

chris41081

Food, water and secure bedding areas are their top priority. Having good thick, undisturbed bedding areas is important IMO. Also helping promote natural food sources can make a big difference. Fertilizing acorn trees and muscadine vines can encourage growth. Planting new trees such as fruit or nut trees but those are a long term return on investment.
Lots of folks on here way smarter than me, those are just a few ideas I can think of.

livetohunt

Summer plots like soybean, create bedding areas through timber stand improvement, water, and probably most important is min disturbance.

swamp hunter

Hinge cut a 5 acre thick area and make a bedding area...stay out of it.
Leg Holds on Scrapes work real well making sure that buck is there at Shooting Light...

Buckstop

Scout out of season and no more than to learn the tract. Avoid as much human activity on the property as you can like shuffling stands around. Going electric cart helps. Designate a couple sancutaury areas and stay out even in season. You will collect deer from surrounding tracts that may have more pressure.

GottaGetOutdoors

Don't overthink it. Enhance natural habitat: food, water, cover space, in a suitable arrangement. Keep disturbance low. They will come and stay.

swamp hunter

[QUOTE=Buckstop;10800315 Going electric cart helps.

WHAT ..:smash:
I drive an 84 CJ 7 with a Farmers jack flopping around the back and bad shocks.:flag:
Keeps all their attention on the Jeep and I slip in close.:D

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Don't overthink it. Enhance natural habitat: food, water, cover space, in a suitable arrangement. Keep disturbance low. They will come and stay.

This. ^ Being a minimalist is good and wise.

swamp hunter

Hang CD Disks on fishing line around all the trails leading off your land.
Good as a High Fence and way cheaper..