Echo and his band of bucks

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I've been waiting also , maybe it want be long , I'm sure he is ok , I seen him post a couple days ago !

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Havnt been on much but echo and his band of bucks seems to be missing?

I've been waiting also , maybe it want be long , I'm sure he is ok , I seen him post a couple days ago !

Well guys, I just thought I would let somebody else step up and show their own backyard bucks this year - I'm sure there are lots of other good ones out there to be seen. The Trail Cam forum does seem a little quiet thus far though, other than all of those bruisers that David and Bowana have been kind enough to share with us.

I do have 5 or 6 coming around pretty regularly but so far none nearly as big as old JBo or Lewis was. Give me a day or two and I'll see if I can get a few good pics together..

ReelAffair

Well guys, I just thought I would let somebody else step up and show their own backyard bucks this year - I'm sure there are lots of other good ones out there to be seen. The Trail Cam forum does seem a little quiet thus far though, other than all of those bruisers that David and Bowana have been kind enough to share with us.

I do have 5 or 6 coming around pretty regularly but so far none nearly as big as old JBo or Lewis was. Give me a day or two and I'll see if I can get a few good pics together..

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Dirtroad Johnson

I really enjoyed following JBo & the rest of your experiences with the deer & all the close ups that I think are really rare. Not taking anything away from Lewis but JBo was the boy dog.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah, JBo was a force to be reckoned with alright and I have a bunch of great memories of that big old Alpha buck.

One that readily comes to mind is the night that he sauntered up into the yard in full rut condition and I decided to walk out to him with a bowl of corn. Well, there we stood with JBo quickly glancing back and forth at me and then to the bowl of corn, which he definitely wanted. Just before I was about to set it down the 5 year old buck delivered a lightening fast kick with a front hoof directly to the center of that Tupperware bowl. Corn went everywhere!

I was more than a little stunned at the quickness, accuracy and strength in which the blow was delivered and of course quite lucky to be uninjured as a result of it. That's one video I wish I had.

Attachments

• 8-31-14 086 (1024x768).jpg
    8-31-14 086 (1024x768).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,976
  • 8-31-14 074 (1024x768).jpg
    8-31-14 074 (1024x768).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,978
  • 9-2-14 023 (1024x768).jpg
    9-2-14 023 (1024x768).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,980

deermaster13

That second picture is frame worthy!!! Echo, even if you don't have lot of deer this year still be looking forward to your threads!

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
That second picture is frame worthy!!! Echo, even if you don't have lot of deer this year still be looking forward to your threads!

Thanks, deermaster! I think I'll have more showing up as the summer rolls on and natural foods grow short. That's usually how it works.

Anyway, here's a couple from last night...the small 8-point is a buck that I called Slick from last year and he's made a nice jump from the little 3-point rack that he sported as a yearling. The larger 6-point is one that I dubbed as Killer because of his aggressive attitude. Looks like he's set on being a six point again.

Attachments

• STC_0007.jpg
    STC_0007.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,753
  • STC_0013.jpg
    STC_0013.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,752

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for posting Echo, I've been looking to you starting your thread!!

Sure thing, David. Just wish I had a few of those toads that you have working your feeders this summer! Those are some fine deer!

Some early arrivals from yesterday. Lots of daytime activity being observed this year.

Attachments

• STC_0110.jpg
    STC_0110.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,597
  • STC_0120.jpg
    STC_0120.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,601

Bighog11

Sure thing, David. Just wish I had a few of those toads that you have working your feeders this summer! Those are some fine deer!

Some early arrivals from yesterday. Lots of daytime activity being observed this year.

Awesome pics as always echo, thanks for posting and glad to hear you're doing well!!!

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Awesome pics as always echo, thanks for posting and glad to hear you're doing well!!!

Thanks Bighog! Yeah, I'm doing just fine buddy - already counting the days until season gets here. How 'bout you?

Good bit of early movement again this evening....that's Killer with his head down in the second pic. Still a six point but adding a few stickers around the bases.

Attachments

• STC_0087 (1).jpg
    STC_0087 (1).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,485
  • STC_0110 (1).jpg
    STC_0110 (1).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,482
  • STC_0090 (1).jpg
    STC_0090 (1).jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,478

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Echo,
It might be a stupid question, course that's never stopped me before, But what's that a pie of in some of the 20 and 21st pics? Don't quiet look like a pear or apple

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Echo,
It might be a stupid question, course that's never stopped me before, But what's that a pie of in some of the 20 and 21st pics? Don't quiet look like a pear or apple

Not stupid at all , I was gonna ask the same question , by the way Echo looks like your yard is busy as usual , one of those bucks sure has some great mass !

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Echo,

It's Pindo palm fruit - a common landscape tree in these parts that produces limbs full of orange fruit in the summer. Deer, coons, squirrels and most every other critter is partial to it so I collect it for them whenever I can.

Not stupid at all , I was gonna ask the same question , by the way Echo looks like your yard is busy as usual , one of those bucks sure has some great mass !

antharper, I think that would be Killer. He's a 4 year old now and taking on many characteristics of a mature buck including good mass and sticker points to his rack.

Looks like the fruit off of a palm tree.

Good call, Wanderlust.

TurkeyKiller12

Thank you for posting again this year. I've been lurking for the last few weeks hoping you had posted. Can't wait to see more in the coming weeks.