old campers...what to do with them?

10 Ringer

Invite me to the bonfire!!! Afterwards, if you have a tractor you could just hall the ash to food plots if you wanted to get it outta the way!!!

Mako22

BANNED
I read of one club that fixed up all the abandoned campers on their lease and rented them to members to stay in who lacked a camper. I think they charged an additional $200-$300 to the membership price for camper rental.

misterpink

They can be turned into hunting blinds pretty easy. Seen that a couple of times.

I've seen the frames used to make atv bridges at creek crossings.

transfixer

I read of one club that fixed up all the abandoned campers on their lease and rented them to members to stay in who lacked a camper. I think they charged an additional $200-$300 to the membership price for camper rental.

Now there's an idea ! If they are worth fixing up, the one we have left on our lease belonged to a guy who passed away, but it wasn't taken care of, had been leaking for a while, and got taken over by field mice, and ants.

roperdoc

I have rebuilt small cabins on a couple to put on my hunt clubs. Working on one for my grandson to have as a hideout at the house now.(or for me when the mother in law shows up!)
It's usually easier to find one someone has already stripped and buy it for a couple hundred bucks than to demo and have to get rid of everything.
If you have a smaller one, 20 ft or less, that could handle a short road trip let me know. I have tires and lights, just wouldn't want pieces falling off down the road

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

HM

I put three on Craigslist that were in Hancock Co and all were gone within a week. Real simple to get rid of them without doing something stupid and trashing the land.

To clarify, burning them or burying them is STUPID

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I found out years ago when I bought an old Airstream that if you paint the inside with oil base paint it will not get infested with ladybugs. So if you need to paint try it and when all the other trailers get infested with them you will find out yours will be livable without them.

gt40