Coffee

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I used to be one of them coffee conniesewer's but gave that up for a good cup of hot black java regardless of where it comes from. In the end it's all about the caffeine with nothing added to it.

ky55

Broke my dang press yesterday so I'm outta da bidness for a while.
:banginghe

Bream Pole

Basically I like coffee strong and black. I use a stainless steel, doubled wall, Nissan French Coffee Press and either Starbucks Espresso Blend or Breakfast Blend whole bean coffee that I grind myself into a coarse grind. If I ever use cream and sometimes I do just to change things, I use Organic Heavy Whipping Cream. Never any sugar. I also use on occasion Crazy Fresh Guatamalan Full City Roast whole beans that I buy on Amazon. I make and drink 600 ml a day. I weigh the beans and grind 29 grams. I let the coffee steep in the water for 4 minutes, then press to the bottom and pour it from the French Press into a double wall coffee tumbler that holds 20 oz. Unlike most people I don't like hot coffee just very warm; so I bring water to 175 degrees instead of the standard 195-200, ignoring what the experts say. I find no difference in taste based on water temp between 175 and 200. coffee tastes are the most varied I know of --to each his own. This is just what I do and I like it.

biggdogg

This here is some good joe...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1500828920322.jpg
    FB_IMG_1500828920322.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Dub

AL trout bum

I am a little partial, but here in Birmingham, we have about 5 local coffee shops that roast their own beans. Small batch, real fresh stuff. My favorite is O'Henrys coffee, the sumatran gold or the Vicaro's blend. If you're ever over this way, try them out. We also have Seeds, Revelator, Octane, and several other local stops.

pop pop jones

I guess I spent too much time as an over the road driver.
If it's in the pot, I will drink it. If its day old, it does require some crean.

Dub

Went by a local Lidl grocery store yesterday morning.

Was my first time going in there. They had some really low prices on a wide range of stuff.

Grabbed a can of these beans and gave 'em a whirl in the grinder this morning.

Interesting flavor. Not bad. Vastly different from the 8 O'Clock Columbian Peaks beans I've been mostly using lately.

I'm going to to a mix between the two in the blender for tomorrow morning.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Cafe Bustelo or Pilon. Espresso grind, sold in bricks at Walmart for $3.

Dub

Got my bean mix on for tomorrow in the grinder.

Already looking forward to it.

EDIT:

I wasn't hugely into the Lidl beans....taste was so vastly different to the regular fodder I've been rolling with. The 50/50 blend of the two was more to my liking.

I let my Costco membership expire a while back and I've really not missed it due to the nearby Neighborhood Market and other stores.

The one thing I do miss is their coffee selection. Their big bags of Blue Mountain Coffee blend is some really good stuff.

Last edited: