Pigs

sowgabuckstalker

I have had some dang pigs show up at one of my spots. THis spot is only about 200 acres. Whats my best approach here? have some neighbors who love to put their dogs on em but not sure if I want to do that this close to season? THoughts? Build some traps? They gotta go. Thanks as always.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
im on about 200 myself. what i do is go in before bow season, shoot them with a rifle. after the second or 3 round of getting shot at, and killing maybe 3 or 4, they ussually move out for a month or two. works well enough for me. good luck

king george

Look up corral trap, I caught all 4 we had in a week. deer never slow down had no effect on them. IT WORKED PERFECT!!! Cheap to build as well! GOOD LUCK!

Teh Wicked

22LR to the ear hole works well and sometimes you can crack several of them before they run.

Gbr5pb

Shot the first one I saw didn't see for 3 years! But lots last year beaver ponds nearly dry they wallowed in what left! They do love feeders though!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We got hogs with or with out feed. When the white oaks fall they vacuum them up. We have swamps & a thicket on the big creek where they clear cut the hard woods there. They nest in there.
Corn does draw them to a spot.

bulldawgborn

I would put at least one trap out if I could as suggested above. I would also let the hog dogs have a crack at em if I knew the guys hunting were responsible folks. Dogs aint gonna impact your deer hunting this far away from season. I know people who kill deer every year while hog or coon hunting is happening on same tract.