Coleman Cheyenne Roof Job

RWilk10

I recently purchased this pop up knowing it is in need of a roof, as you can see. From everything I have read, it appears Coleman's were know for this problem, maybe even went out of business for that reason. Having said that, I will be starting the roof job tomorrow. Your input is welcome, and advise will be heard.

My plan, tear off the existing, lightly sand, bondo any needed areas, as far as the a/c goes please advise :pop: as to I have never messed with one (on a camper that is), then I have looked into doing a rhino liner style roof.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 207

T-N-T

I have heard of these roofs. But never seen it person

Good luck!

Oldstick

Is that the rubber type roof that I've always heard of problems with the Colemans, or is it a newer type?

We had a 91 Coleman popup for years with no problems, but luckily it had the older style aluminum roof. The only non-problem with that was the paint washing off the aluminum after many years of use. But who cares, it wasn't going to rust.

RWilk10

It has the plastic type roof. It was junk. Also the front storage box is made out of the same material so that is going to have to be fixed as well.

RWilk10

Yesterday's progress, now we will make a few patches with fiberglass, re-enforce the latch hooks for better sealing, wash the entire top, sand the entire top, wash again and let dry thoroughly.

Hint: Never let a pyro be your torch man. :bounce::bounce: however we did mange to not burn the camper:banana:

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 136

RWilk10

Ordered material for the roof this evening, I decided to go with Speedokote T-Rex Liner. Read and spoke with some people and assuming that will be the best route to go. Tomorrow we will be doing a little bondo work, prep and clean to have it ready to spray on Friday.