RE: 12 Ga Semi-auto For Deer Hunting/Dog Drives

RE: 12 Ga Semi-auto For Deer Hunting/Dog Drives

I'm considering buying a 12 Ga semi-auto for
deer hunting with dogs.
If I use it on anything else it will be Turkey.
Probably be shooting 2 3/4" shells only.

I have shoulder problems due to injury/surgery.
Everything else I hunt I use the 20 Ga.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nannyman

You could custom load Tungsten loads for much less than a new Semi 12ga. These loads in 20ga would far surpass the performance of factory 12ga loads and still be easy or easier on your shoulder.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
You could custom load Tungsten loads for much less than a new Semi 12ga. These loads in 20ga would far surpass the performance of factory 12ga loads and still be easy or easier on your shoulder.

Are these loads available anyway than self loading?

Southernhoundhunter

Beretta A400 with kickoff. Extremely reliable and 3" magnum loads recoil is comparable to a 20 gauge single shot. Very soft shooting gun

Nannyman

Are these loads available anyway than self loading?

No sir. They are "Roll your own". For Buck Shot or Turkey shot they are high but the number of rounds fired makes it affordable. There are no better rounds for deer and turkeys. They are very much easier to load than you would think. If you need more info send me a PM and we can talk. I will explain.

John

GunnSmokeer

There's a video of the late Tom Knapp shooting a semi-auto Benelli. The gun seems to have very little recoil. Tom can shoot 10 hand-thrown clays that are tossed all at once, breaking each with one individual shot as they all fly, hitting the last one a foot above the ground.

Then again, there's this other trick shooter (Tim Bradley) doing similar shooting, and even some one-handed shooting, with a Beretta Xtrema2
Video links removed by moderation

Last edited by a moderator: