Whitetail Deer - Berry College

cre8foru

I had much rather shoot deer photos in wooded areas than in open fields so I was really happy to find these two off an old logging road. It presents a lot of challenges though. Like why cant my camera figure out Im tryin to focus on the Bucks eye and not the 5000 or so branches. Light is also a problem because of the cover and the best shooting opportunities are always early and late in the day. I shot these using the tripod I bought last year which could very well be the best investment Ive spent on photo equipment. And I was really hesitant to buy one too.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
once again you deliver awesome images !!!! i wish i lived closer to that place !!!

Hoss

Cre8, you got em nailed even with all th brush. Wonderful setting for them too.

Hoss

rip18

Fantastic! Yep, I'd much rather shoot them in the woods too, and it is a REAL pain! Seems like there is always something in the way - worse than bow hunting!!!

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
fine work on these

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome captures!

jsimages

excellent pictures!!!!!!!! i have taken wildlife photography at berry for the past 10yrs. its a photographers heaven for any type photography. i thank god everyday for berry college and for me being so close to such a wonderful place. maybe one day we will run into each other there