Deconversion

WaltL1

WaltL1

Questions welcome. LOL, I'm on vacation, and I don't know how to "do nothing" so i'm on the computer early today. Usually it's late evenings in an effort to get my mind of work/building. However, tonight I hope to gig some flounder, and bowshoot some stingrays. I still value the bible. Without it, the stories would have been embellished farther. I believe the truth is found within the bible. I know, it begs the question as "why". I still maintain that I am Christian, although they would argue against . I believe as the first Christian did. Not sure if I answered your question
bowshoot some stingrays
Now that's something Ive never tried. Do you eat them? I understand they can be quite tasty.
Not sure if I answered your question
Yup you did.
I still maintain that I am Christian, although they would argue against
If you believe in Jesus Christ and his teachings you are a Christian.

TripleXBullies

The part where he ended up with a long list of problems with his faith that he had to do mental gymnastics to explain but that were easily explained if you allowed for the possibility god didn't exist was also similar for me.

Is this not similar to god of the gaps? You have gaps in explaining evolution, let's say, insert an all powerful god and bingo you've got it.

You have gaps in explaining your faith, remove the god, and bingo, you've got it?

atlashunter

Is this not similar to god of the gaps? You have gaps in explaining evolution, let's say, insert an all powerful god and bingo you've got it.

You have gaps in explaining your faith, remove the god, and bingo, you've got it?

I don't think so. It's not explaining phenomena that needs an explanation even if God doesn't exist such as "what is thunder and earthquakes?".It's following Occam's razor to deal with problems that only exist as a result of faith such as "why doesn't prayer work like the bible says it should?".

WaltL1