All Nations?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
You don't believe the bible teaches that Satan will be bound and there will be 1000 year reign of Christ where all live in peace?

Splain Rev 20 to me then, pls
. "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit, and a great chain in his hand, and he laid hold on the old dragon, that old serpent, which is the devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him that he would deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be fulfilled, after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given to them, and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon his foreheads or in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again, until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection. On such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.' Revelation 20:1-6.

hobbs27

A literal thousand years does not fit in the time range verse 1 declares.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John

However 1000 is used throughout scripture as a symbolic number meaning completeness. All the things that were to happen in that 1000 year symbolic time was fulfilled in 40 literal Years. Starting at Christ's ministry.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I'm done.

what it says, it doesn't say. What is literal is symbolic. 1000 years doesn't mean a 1000 years. All nations doesn't mean all nations, just the family of jews.

I do hope that some day you have the truth break thru and you realize that you have been deceived.

Artfuldodger

When all Israel was saved.

There was this event when God was sour and destroyed Jerusalem. Let's say it happened in 70AD.

Then some time after that God was sweet and all Israel was saved.

Romans 11:26
and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

It's easy to see that God was sour and destroyed Jerusalem and even the nations against Jerusalem.

What are some verses that show God's sweetness in forgiving all nations when all Israel was saved?

After the destruction, after the full number of Gentiles came in, all nations worshiped God.

Show me where after the destruction those who formerly disobeyed God received mercy through their disobedience so that they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you.

In other words God has consigned all men to disobedience, so that He may have mercy on them all.

So what scripture shows where this has happened? First the sour and then the sweet. First the judgment and then the forgiveness. First Israel and then all nations.

Artfuldodger

Matthew 24:14 – “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

The end? What end?

Luke 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

If there never was an end then why does Matthew 24:14 say there was? Even if it's already come and gone there must have been and end.

hobbs27

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Artfuldodger

Mark 13:10 – “And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.”

Before what happens? Preaching is one thing and maybe it has but that's a bit different than "all nations" believing in God through Jesus and worshiping God.

Mark 13:27 – “And He will send His angels and gather His elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.”

Did the Remnant/Elect make it to the South Pacific?

Luke 3:6 – “And all mankind will see God’s salvation.”

What about mankind that lived in the South Pacific before the gospel reached that region? Has salvation reached the four corners yet? What if it did but now they forgot again? What if their ancestors reverted back to pagans and now their children no longer know the gospel?

Acts 2:17a – “‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit on all people.'”

Last days? How can we have last days with no end?

Romans 14:11 – “It is written: ‘”As surely as I live,” says the Lord, “every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.”

We still have pagans and Hindus.

Revelation 15:4 – “Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

Again, I don't see that happening after the destruction of Israel. I don't see that happening nor the full number of Gentiles coming in after that destruction. I don't see the Gentiles making all the Jews jealous after the destruction.

Bit most of all, I don't see all nations worshiping God after all Israel was saved. Maybe they did and slowly fell away.
Maybe there was a time after the destruction when all nations worshiped God. Maybe the Gentiles did make Israel jealous after the destruction but they too fell away.

Artfuldodger

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Define creature/creation;

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Romans 8:19
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.

Even if creation means "all nations" and the gospel went out to all nations, that doesn't mean that every knee bowed with hearing the Good News.

I don't see an event in time after the destruction where every nation worshiped God.

I see prophesy where all nations will. Show me where they did. Maybe they did and they fell away. Show me where they did.

Psalm 86:9
All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord; they will bring glory to your name.

Hearing the gospel doesn't make one worship.

hobbs27

Roman's 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Artfuldodger

Maybe there will be a judgement where all nations will be punished for what they did against Israel and or God. Then after this judgment all nations will worship God.

Maybe Israel was destroyed by God's judgement and eventually it to will become jealous and also worship God as well. "All Israel will be saved."

Perhaps "all" and perhaps just the remnant. Perhaps just God's children of "all nations." If every knee bows and believes then who else could they be but God's children?

Artfuldodger

Roman's 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Define "all the earth." You are quick to define what the "whole world" is in relation to a flood and other things. Now you are saying "all" means "all."

Do you really believe all of Paul's followers reached every human in the whole world? How did they hear before Paul's army reached them?

Even if it did reach everyone, they heard but they didn't believe. There never has been a time in history after Jesus died on a cross that every nation has worshiped God. They may have heard but they didn't believe.

There may have been some from all nations that had an effectual calling but that's a bit different from "all nations" worshiping God.

hobbs27

Every knee bowing and every tongue professing has to do with the judgment seat of Christ. It was for those that percevierd to the end. The Saints reward. Every tongue or All was for believers only. This is where they would receive their crowns, not salvation.

If every knee bowed and professed, then All would be saved through faith, this never was about non believers.

hobbs27

Define "all the earth." You are quick to define what the "whole world" is in relation to a flood and other things. Now you are saying "all" means "all."

Do you really believe all of Paul's followers reached every human in the whole world? How did they hear before Paul's army reached them?

Even if it did reach everyone, they heard but they didn't believe. There never has been a time in history after Jesus died on a cross that every nation has worshiped God. They may have heard but they didn't believe.

There may have been some from all nations that had an effectual calling but that's a bit different from "all nations" worshiping God.

I'm not saying all means all.... I'm pointing out that the Gospel was to go out to all the world before the end.. and Colossians 1 and Roman's 14 confirms it had already gone out to all the world.

So whatever all means in Matthew 24, it must mean the same in Colossians and Roman's... Which you and I know it didn't go out to the native Americans, so they were not part of what was considered All the world.

hobbs27

"There never has been a time in history after Jesus died on a cross that every nation has worshiped God. They may have heard but they didn't believe."

When God judged man, He took out the wicked from among His people, right?

There's no difference in the destruction of Herod's Temple. God brought down His wrath on the wicked inside Jerusalem, His beloved saw the signs and fled to the mtns.

The Diaspora had been brought into the church. All tribes (Nations) of Israel worshiped Him.

hobbs27

Nations are ( a people) or ( a tribe from a family) example:

And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.Genesis 25:23

Artfuldodger

Nations are ( a people) or ( a tribe from a family) example:

And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.Genesis 25:23

In this verse wouldn't the two nations be the Jews and
Gentiles? So maybe all nations would have to come by way of Abraham. All nations would be descendants of Isaac & Ishmael.

Is this what you are saying? So therefore Native Americans are not part of "all nations."

Kinda like the whole world wasn't flooded but it did flood all nations using the above definition?

Therefore when all nations worshiped God, it meant only local nations of Israel.

"Whoever blesses Israel will be blessed, And whoever curses Israel will be cursed."

We know the Native Americans did neither.