Allatoona wma boat access legality

elhoward622

From what I understand allatoona isn't a prime place, but I still am interested. My question is it legal to access the wma via canoe/kayak? Nor firearms are allowed on corps property, so how legally do you access it by boat? I am thinking I could use Boling Park in canton, but don't want to break the law. Help or ideas would be appreciated.

Jonboater

Odd thing tho I see a lot of duck hunters using corps boat ramps, I myself would be interested if dnr or park rangers have said anything to hunters at the boat ramps??

coondog96

I'd be afraid to use Boling park also cause some of that is considered school property. And school prop and guns don't mix either. I've been wondering the same thing though. There is so much that seems to only be accessible by water...

elhoward622

Well, I talked to DNR today and they said it isn't a problem to use the launches. This is not how the law reads on the corps website, so I'm still a little confused but the DNR agent said it is perfectly fine. I'm waiting to hear back from the corps agent.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Well, I talked to DNR today and they said it isn't a problem to use the launches. This is not how the law reads on the corps website, so I'm still a little confused but the DNR agent said it is perfectly fine. I'm waiting to hear back from the corps agent.

It's fine. There's the same signs here on West Point. Hunting is not what those signs address

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
read the "editors note" in this months hall of shame. it addresses having a gun for hunting on federal waters.