White County Buck

jbogg

4E0F388B-E45F-4FE3-A44F-A3F748F4C2D9.jpegWhile I have been working toward my first Public Land Mountain buck and bear, I have yet to lay my eyes on one of those ghosts. Finding deer up on the NF is a whole different deal, but I enjoy every minute spent trying.

So this week my son was in town for the Holiday and asked if we could hunt our lease in the Nacoochee Valley area of White county and I reluctantly agreed. I really wanted him to experience the mountains, but since this was our only morning available, and since I had zero luck finding mountain deer so far we headed up early this morning to a remote piece of private ground I have leased for over 20 years. After leaving him at his spot I climbed further up the ridge. The morning was perfect, and at a little before 9AM this busted up eight point responded to a bleat call and the rest is history. First time I have hunted private this year, and this was the first deer I had seen all season. The pack out was heavy, but what a great feeling. Feeling blessed to have such a great experience with my son.

Last edited:

hoyt72

Awesome congrats !

Bam Bam

Congrats on Nice Buck!

Killer Kyle

Way to get it done John! I have barely seen any deer at all while hunting the NF. I think I have only had a few come through on old Lake Burton, and seen a couple in the Hooch. Deer are scarce in the big woods!

Duff

Great buck jboggs. They were running crazy behind my house in White Co this morning. Congrats again man!!!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Mighty fine buck and quality time with your son as well. Congrats!!!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Good looking buck brother congrats.....