What is the best Duck Decoy for the money?

LipRip'r

Never used them but they do look good. G & H is the way to go. I'd get less to start with and add more as possible...getting a quality product that will last

Nitro

Banned
google areo oudoors check out the full curls decoys.flocked heads and tails.they are pricey but as about real as it gets.

I have 3 dozen Full Curls and they are outstanding. G&H comes in second. I also like GHG Full bodies- they add some movement and realism to any spread. (especially on the bank, on a sandbar or in super shallow water)..

Burritoboy

I'd get less to start with and add more as possible...getting a quality product that will last

Great advice. No telling how many old mallard decoys get tossed or repainted as coots by guys who grow into the sport and realize the cheapo Academy decoys just won't cut the mustard. I know that I fell victim to this as I was getting started. I bought some nicer ones of this species and that species, next thing I knew I had more decoys in my man shack than will be in Georgia on opening day.

Of course, I am about to go back out to the shop and build myself a hot wire foam cutter to start making my own foam decoys. The Cherokee decoys are the only ones I have seen out there who will dance on the water in a light breeze the way that some keel-less foam decoys will. I guess that I have a problem, I just don't want to admit it yet.

Golden BB

Carefull with Gander. Took 7 weeks from when I received my decoys untill they actually fixed the order of missing decoys.

Larry Young Jr

GHG FFD Canada goose decoys improved my Canada Goose spread. I kill more geese now than ever before. Flocking works. I just put flock heads on my GHG mallards. They make the decoy even more life light. This is the first time I have seen the Areo decoys. You are right about the nicer decoys. But I dont have any problems with GHG Decoys And I am rough on them. The hot buys decoys I think they use cheaper paint on them I have a doz of them and the paint is come off them. I have over 200 GHG decoys from Bluebills, redheads, woodies,Pro grade goose floaters,Buffleheads, ringnecks , FFD goose decoys and full body Mallards. And I have no problem with them. But that is me. Buy the ones you like and can afford. Gander MTN sales different brands , the best thing is there is no shipping charges on decoys that will save a bunch money. The money saved on shipping you can buy more decoys are up grade to something better. Or Put savings in the gas tank. Good luck this season.
Larry

Nitro Thank you for your info.

Larry Young Jr

Carefull with Gander. Took 7 weeks from when I received my decoys untill they actually fixed the order of missing decoys.

J.R. and I have order dozens of times from Gander Mtn and have had no problems, So far. But I am sure they do make mistakes. Everybody does.

Good Luck
Larry