N.C-VS-GA. Jonboat Multi State Championship

mesocollins

Never realized that a group of fishermen could have a falling out so big... over a tournament. I mean seriously. Let's do this or let's not do this and quit all the talkin. I may not be as good as ya'll, but I know that bass fishin is meant to be more than everything that is going on on this thread. If ya'll really want to have a challenge, listen to Terry and let's get this thing together. Otherwise, we won't get anything done except get angry at eachother and slow the growth of jonboat bassin tourneys. So, what's it gonna be?

Shane B.

Never realized that a group of fishermen could have a falling out so big... over a tournament. I mean seriously. Let's do this or let's not do this and quit all the talkin. I may not be as good as ya'll, but I know that bass fishin is meant to be more than everything that is going on on this thread. If ya'll really want to have a challenge, listen to Terry and let's get this thing together. Otherwise, we won't get anything done except get angry at eachother and slow the growth of jonboat bassin tourneys. So, what's it gonna be?
Don't think It's going to happen right now!

bkwade

Where do you get that? This ain't a record...Not even for a jon-boat tournament thread. We have one on Lathem that is currently 1812 and 31 pages long...

Or you could look at the word association game. 2698

Or I Quit My Job In around the Campfire...1002 post.

This 500+ ain't nothing...

Cameron, please don't think that everything posted out of NC is somebody trying to pick a fight. I think it was one of the top threads is all. I doesn't even matter and wasn't my point. I just wanted to know if Hawghunna was going to pick up the Regional State Championship at some point down the road. That's all there was to it. Anyway, I got the answer from Terry so nevermind.

HAWGHUNNA

Well, Terry?

You started this record breaking thread. Why don't you end it by telling what you got so far for this regional tournament. When do you see the first one happening? How many boats do you see it getting to total? At a place like Robinson, or maybe bigger?

O.K.... By posting on this thread again,I loose a bet to Jerk,but I just couldn't stand the thought of this thread leaving the first page of this forum ....... we are now even Jerk:bounce:

Well .... what we have so far on the Regional is Alabama wants to play,and maybe the Florida boys.

I see the first one happening very soon.

I see a total of 6 boats per state.

A place that can be considered as suitable for a Jonboat Bass Tournament,in a reasonably central location will host the event.

And an entry fee of approximately $200.00 per boat.

tonyf

That sounds good but I still feel there has to be another way to qualify for the championship besides coming from the JBAIT. I am sure there are good fisherman who are not in one of the clubs and without another way to qualify this eliminates them.

HAWGHUNNA

I plan on starting a poll,to get our anglers' opinion on how we go about putting together Team Georgia for a regional.

Majority votes on the poll will be what we go with,it appears that N.C has an open coming up on March 15 2009 that will decide who represents them.

And Mr. Stone is working on the Bama project,as for now,we will stick to the theory of .... to each his own,meaning that each State can put together a qualifying format that suite themselves and or anglers.

With more states becoming involved,I can only see 6 - 8 teams being invited at this point,And I think that the Club Champions deserve an inlet for their accomplishments,but that's just me .... that's why we will do a poll.:cool:

chef

i really want to be a helpful part of this multistate tournament. i do not belong to any jon boat team, i really want to but i almost always work on saturdays. i know im not a skilled enough angler to make it to j-bait or qualify for the big one. and right now couldnt afford the gas to pull my boat to all the lakes. but i want to help . this could be the beginning of something bigger. and being on the ground floor of it would be awsome. one thing i can do is cook for large numbers and transport food to verious locations that i am a professional at. im hoping that in a couple of years i will have a m-f job and can join a club and mabey even qualify to fish against others from different states.so yall keep me in mind and with enough notice i can make it to the championship and help whereever needed.

now anyone wanna compete against me on my private pond i will put ya to shame!!:bounce:

thanks guys
joel pharr

HAWGHUNNA

Hey Chef,What's it cost to get a small spread,say 24 anglers ....J-BAIT and or Regional .... better make that about 30 .... we need to feed the filming crew:bounce:

We can surely get you involved buddy,thanks for offering help.

P.S ..... Was that an invite to fish your pond?:)

Last edited:

HAWGHUNNA

Well,

I've had a couple of personal messages from anglers wandering where to find this thread, wow, it was a few pages back.

It took a year, and a slightly different direction from the original plan ...... but hey, We are gonna start something to build on this March. And I am pumped about next year's regional, and we ain't fished this one yet.