Gold in georgia

birdman1

There is no more gold in georgia:bounce: ,Some fellow Gon members informed me of that yesturday so there will not be any more post on this subject from me, All i was trying to do was post a few history facts and some old treasure cache storys, But you always have people that step over the line so if any one has any questions about georgia"s history , Buried treasure, and Caches Just PM me It is not worth posting the info publically.:hammers:.

Last edited:
Uh........yeah. Have a friend...a darn lucky friend who lives on and owns about 2,000 feet frontage on Dukes Creek outside of Cleveland in the Dalhonega gold belt. He has a big pump setup and can suck out the creek bottom anytime he wants. He has several nuggets come out of there in the $5,000 range. That's not gold-weight value, but jewelery class value. Folks make nugget necklaces out of them. And he has vials and vials of flakes. Darn lucky guy....and a GOOD friend ! :biggrin2:

contender*

There is no more gold in georgia:bounce: ,Some fellow Gon members informed me of that yesturday so there will not be any more post on this subject from me.:hammers:.

:D:D:D

Now get you a shovel and go find it....:cool::cool::cool:

contender*

Uh........yeah. Have a friend...a darn lucky friend who lives on and owns about 2,000 feet frontage on Dukes Creek outside of Cleveland in the Dalhonega gold belt. He has a big pump setup and can suck out the creek bottom anytime he wants. He has several nuggets come out of there in the $5,000 range. That's not gold-weight value, but jewelery class value. Folks make nugget necklaces out of them. And he has vials and vials of flakes. Darn lucky guy....and a GOOD friend ! :biggrin2:

I know several folks that were, and still are, into dredging creek bottoms. That is one of the main problems is finding landowners that will let them "suck out" the bottom of their creek. It's pretty easy to get permission to pan but a dredge will sure get the job done quicker and usually more thoroughly.

feathersnantlers

Smith House sits on biggest vein

I guess its true than that the Smith House sits on the biggest vein in Ga. It's just that the city won't let them mine it.

ccbiggz

What and where is the Smith house?

Don't people who look for it find gold in Georgia all the time? I don't mean strike it rich, but flakes and small nuggets like an earlier poster said? I think it would be cool to try.

birdman1

:D:D:D

Now get you a shovel and go find it....:cool::cool::cool:

Just PM me feller"s if you have any intrest in georgia"s history on the civil war and buried treasure, cache"s , And old folk lore stories i have a ton"s of books and a lot of years of research in these subjects we could learn alot together about our history by just sharing stories, And yes there is enough gold left in georgia to fill fort knox 1000 time over, I would bet there is only a small % of gold and gems have been found in georgia (Find the black sand in those creeks). Good day to everyone.:pop::pop::cheers:

Slayer

here's an idea......how about continuing to share these facts/stories with us....thats what this forum is for....as with any open forum , you have to let the idiots that are here have their say also....but dont let that stop you from sharing this type of stuff with us.....and if the peanut gallery bothers ya, just shrug your shoulders, and tell them to pack sand......

I want to hear these stories.....

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Feel free to go ahead and post your stories. I like to hear about history too. And if anybody else gives you a hard time, send me a PM about it.

Ed in North Ga.

So... if you find black sand- say near a creek or even in a place several hundred yards from a creek, where black sand runs every time it rains, what do you do next?

Black sand, is considered heavy- when you have black sand- the fine/small/powdery black, your in the neighborhood of the "level" you would find gold dust and flake - possibly small nuggets, but mostly "flour gold".

Gold is heavy, and will go deep- black sand is heavier than most of your other substrates and will go deep as well- so, black sand and flour gold are brothers.

When panning, you junk out all the rest of the substrates- the rocks, the pebbles, the sand...and if your in the right, all you`ll have left is black sand and hopefully....gold.

Ed in North Ga.

widest gold belt in ga runs threw paulding .... gold still in ga

They used to say it went through Helen- behind the "A" club, under the bridge, up under Pauls, and through that back valley onto Nacoochee- Theres flour gold anywhere you look through there-

I laughed......until I saw the belt-map, those old miners knew exactly where it was. Theres a mine on the north end, one on the side, and more than 3 on the end...yet history "says" each mine was not profitable after a time...
funny how the owners of those mines decendants are some of the richest in the county.

birdman1

Feel free to go ahead and post your stories. I like to hear about history too. And if anybody else gives you a hard time, send me a PM about it.

Thanks nicodemus i have a few interesting storys i will post tomorrow.:cheers:

birdman1

here's an idea......how about continuing to share these facts/stories with us....thats what this forum is for....as with any open forum , you have to let the idiots that are here have their say also....but dont let that stop you from sharing this type of stuff with us.....and if the peanut gallery bothers ya, just shrug your shoulders, and tell them to pack sand......

I want to hear these stories.....

Thanks i will post a few tomorrow.:cheers:

MR.BIGBUCK

Now you hit a vain with me. Ga has some of the finest gold in america There is a lot of gold in ga. I live two miles from the worlds finest gold ever found. and there is still gold in there.
I pan in a lot of creeks in paulding county and upper douglas county and i will tell you im not going broke looking for gold. There is more gold in the ground today in ga than all the miners took. so i will give anybody that ask to get a gold pan find a creek and look. If you take a line from villa rica ga to dalonaga follow the line and you will find gold. If you can get some creeks and a pan look for the clay layer dig right above the clay layer. there is gold every where go get it.

birdman1

Now you hit a vain with me. Ga has some of the finest gold in america There is a lot of gold in ga. I live two miles from the worlds finest gold ever found. and there is still gold in there.
I pan in a lot of creeks in paulding county and upper douglas county and i will tell you im not going broke looking for gold. There is more gold in the ground today in ga than all the miners took. so i will give anybody that ask to get a gold pan find a creek and look. If you take a line from villa rica ga to dalonaga follow the line and you will find gold. If you can get some creeks and a pan look for the clay layer dig right above the clay layer. there is gold every where go get it.
That is some interesting reading there, This is what we need to do keep posting facts, :cool::pop::pop:

CAL

X2,A few things we Moderators will not put up with and this is one of them!Like Nick,I like stories and history too.Fact some years ago I got into the gold panning pretty good.Bought a dredge and worked some creeks up around and in the gold belt.Had some of the best fun in my life with the family.Kids were small and just the correct age to enjoy the creeks and rivers.Weather is cool and the water is cool also.Found some gold,nothing to write home about but enough to make it interesting too.Like the signs up there say..."there's gold in them thar hills"!:bounce:

hikingthehills

I started panning for gold about 4 months ago and let me tell you that gold fever is real! My friend showed me a nugget that weighs about an ounce and a half that he found around lake allatoona and I got hooked! I have only found one small nugget so far but have found alot of dust and flakes. It is something that is good to do when it is not hunting season.

Fletch_W

Banned
Do yall think there is Gold around Allatoona Creek around Stilesboro/Hadaway/Mars Hill roads?