Just a Short Bowie

Anvil Head

Finished this one up a few weeks back. Finally got around to taking a few pics so thought I'd share.

Attachments

• BW 20.jpg
    BW 20.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 583

Grub Master

That's beautiful, a real piece of art. I know you're proud of it and thanks for sharing it. Is it for sale?

Anvil Head

Yes it is. pm sent.
Noticed you are in Roswell (not far I'm in Acworth). You are welcome to come by and see it in person if you like and have the time.

wvdawg

Staff member
She's a beauty Carl. Awesome work!

Anvil Head

Thanks fellas. Getting to where I really like the "recurve" look. Forging recurves has been relatively easy, but bit of a buggar to finish up hand-sanding. I think it's worth the effort.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
That is a beautiful piece or work right there. I love the shape.

walkinboss01

That's a work of art as usual, but will it gut a deer as well as the one you made me? lol

Anvil Head

Thanks folks. I had a lot of fun making this one.
Bloodiarrow68 - I think making a sheath that protects and compliments the knife is an important part of being a custom knifemaker. (I like the forging part best though).
WalkinBoss - Of course! You could kill and gut at the same time.....got enough backbone to bust up bones as well (1/4" thick before the distal tapers). Got great "heft" for a short bowie. You know me Rick - function first - art second.

Anvil Head

No not yet.

Thanks Godogs57 - tomorrow's gonna be a goodun!

Redbow

The results of what a master knife maker can do, both the knife and sheath are beautiful what a wonderful Christmas present they would make for someone..

Anvil Head

Thank you Rebow. Had to google Bogue, knew I'd heard of it but just couldn't place it. Used to fish both sides of the Emerald way back when I lived down in SC (had a buddy with a boat that loved that area and taught me why).
I just finished up another short bowie and will post it soon.
Have a blessed Christmas.