Lens kit HHA

mallardk

Just ordered lens kit X 2x for my HHA single pin .019. At 53 eyes are going, lucky I guess didn't need readers until 50. Vision is fine far off but noticed at 25 yards not seeing bullseye like I have in the past. Finished season up last night and noticed this season hunting and practicing that pin is getting blurry and target not as clean as it used to be. I'm still grouping within an inch but not stacking like I use to.
I know clarifier peep is to clean target and verifier to clean up pin. I have also read and know everyone is different and for some lens kit plus verifier works for others clarifier and lens kit. I'm going to start with lens kit and nothing on peep. Just curios what combo has worked for others. Dread the prospect of changing out peep, I'm in west cobb and have yet to find a pro shop where I don't have to make 10 trips just to change out peep.

Duff

Watching. Getting there myself although my problem is the target.

fountain

clarifier, used with a magnification lense, helps clear the view.
verifier, used without a magnification lense, helps clear up the pins for people with bad eyes.

I'm fairly young and have good eyes. I have to use a clarifier with my 4x lens. I also have to shoot one eye closed with the lens...without, I shoot both eyes open. Crazy, but it's what I have to do.

A small(er) peep can help reduce the need or the power of the clarifier. Most seem to run 1/8 and smaller for a 3d set up and 4x and up lens

BowanaLee

I never needed glasses all my life until just before I turned 50. Then I started using reading glasses. I've been using a purple # 5 verifier since then. I use a lens for target archery but not hunting. A verifier doesn't work well with a lens. Its give and take. Either the targets blurry or the pin. I use the #4 silver verifier with a lens but its not perfect. I suggest you don't use a lens for hunting and only use a verifier. I have the HHA 2x and 4x lens kits. The 2x doesn't magnify enough to worry about and the both will be blurry with a verifier. A clarifier doesn't help me at my age. I really don't need one unless I go to a 6x lens. I can see through 2x or 4x lens great with out a verifier or clarifier but my pin is to blurry to use. :huh: ....You'll probably need the same verifier's as me ? They're the lowest 2 powers. I suggest the purple # 5.

Last edited:

mallardk

Thanks.

Kind of info I needed. Think I'm figuring it out and your situation sounds like mine. Hunting it's really not an issue Took a good buck and doe this past season. Buck was probaly one of my best shots because of angle and how high up I was ( blood in pic is actually exit wound )Shot wasn't but 22 yard but he was already on high alert and walking out of range fast, normally would have mouth bleated him but knew that would only put him in high gear. He didn't go 30 yards.
I love to practice during season and 30 years of doing this I've learned the more I practice the more it becomes automatic in the stand. Issue this past year was practicing, I was shooting in 5 inch ring but not grouping, I had a friend who is same draw shoot my bow and he was touching arrows so I know it's the Indian. I'm hoping lens kit will clear target up. I like your combo and I assume the verifier you use and the majority of them screw on and off. I assume I could take verifier off , put lens on for target and then hunting reverse process. Lens kit should be here over weekend and going to start there and see how it goes , thanks again for the info.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 147

killabig1

What archery shops in Georgia carry these?
I can't seem to get the 'dealer locater' on their website to work.

BowanaLee

What archery shops in Georgia carry these?
I can't seem to get the 'dealer locater' on their website to work.
I'd call the ones in your area and ask for the specialty verifier. If they sell them, they'll probably have the specialty tool to see which one you need. Its used in this video. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

t8ter

Most wind up with a #5 or #6 verifier. Or a # 1 clarifier. It would be a drive for you but Benton Shooters Supply usaully keeps em in stock. They also have the demo pack so you can look threw em all to see whats best. Also reducing the size of your peep helps clear stuff up but may be a negative in the woods.