Dilane hunts 2017_2018

quaildoc

Definitely not an employee of DNR. I can't speak for them so when I am speaking on this subject I have to be careful what I say. I can only speak to the research.

My point above may have been taken the wrong way. All I am saying is it is best to tell the DNR that you want better hunting. More days to hunt, more birds, etc. Telling them how to get more birds, for example, just won't be as effective.

Please trust me when I say, I want the same things as you all. It pains me to drive to Texas or Michigan every year instead of hunting GA more.

coveyrise

Don’t know about Dilane but if you moved 9 coveys in a day thats about as good as you can ask for on public land. This will go down in memory as one of the absolute BEST years of hunting that I can remember since maybe the late 70’s. I hunted private and public lands and I can tell you the hunting on the WMAs and state forest in Ga and Fla was about as good as you could ask for. We had 7 covey finds in 2 hrs one day on a Ga. wma. A game hog could have easily killed his limit on numerous days. Not so sure what next year will bring but this year was off the charts. I only took one guy with me this year and he could not believe the birds we found on public land. The cold weather really helped. Weather was perfect this breeding season. Last years winter was very kind to our birds also. There are a lot more quail in the woods than people are seeing. Also Dr. Martin is a friend of the average Joe quail hunter. He is a good guy that is trying to help. We need more people like him helping quail. Just my 5 cents.