Bigfoot

WaltL1

Some argue that they don't have enough ''faith'' to be an atheist. I've decided I'm just not smart enough to be an atheist. By the way I didn't find Jesus at the church house one Sunday with grandma. I met him one night alone with a fully loaded SKS muzzle pressing against the roof of my mouth. Since He took a spun out, on-the-run, homeless drug addict and turned me into a productive citizen, husband and father you'll have to overlook my ignorance as I enjoy my ''life more abundant''. I may be crack smoke crazy but for 12 years now I've been talking to Jesus and for 12 years now my choices have had a positive affect on me & the people around me. Sorry but all the scientific mumbo jumbo in the world can't undo what the creator has done to me over the last 12 years. I didn't ask Jesus ''to come into my heart''(which is found nowhere in the bible by the way). I challenged Him. He answered. Because YOU do not see or hear Him means that He is not real? Jesus is very real to me bullethead. I hope I never get open minded enough to forget where He brought me from.
First, its a truly great thing that you came out of the abyss and turned your life around.
And thanks for your honesty.
So I'll be honest too.
IF Jesus is responsible, I cant help but question his priorities.
While Jesus was busy making a house call on a -
spun out, on-the-run, homeless drug addict
A situation that YOU put yourself in (and I know your above description doesn't even scratch the surface because I know what goes along with all of that), there were -
INNOCENT children that died in hospitals, accidents, murders, starved to death etc etc.
Single Moms and kids that were put out on the curb because they couldn't afford the rent.
Women that were beat to death by abusive husbands.
Teenagers who were taking their first hit off the crack pipe or sticking a spike in their arm for the first time.
Kids that were chained to their beds and tortured by abusive parents....
You get my point.

Yes, very difficult for me to reconcile the "look what Jesus did for ME" stories with the other side of the coin.

But again WHATEVER it was that made you step back from the edge, whether it was Jesus, yourself or even some other god, its a great thing that it happened.

ambush80

Some argue that they don't have enough ''faith'' to be an atheist. I've decided I'm just not smart enough to be an atheist. By the way I didn't find Jesus at the church house one Sunday with grandma. I met him one night alone with a fully loaded SKS muzzle pressing against the roof of my mouth. Since He took a spun out, on-the-run, homeless drug addict and turned me into a productive citizen, husband and father you'll have to overlook my ignorance as I enjoy my ''life more abundant''. I may be crack smoke crazy but for 12 years now I've been talking to Jesus and for 12 years now my choices have had a positive affect on me & the people around me. Sorry but all the scientific mumbo jumbo in the world can't undo what the creator has done to me over the last 12 years. I didn't ask Jesus ''to come into my heart''(which is found nowhere in the bible by the way). I challenged Him. He answered. Because YOU do not see or hear Him means that He is not real? Jesus is very real to me bullethead. I hope I never get open minded enough to forget where He brought me from.

People recover without Jesus. They may substitute another superstition like another god or healing crystals or some combination. Some just decide to recover. They find a reason to live and to not do dumb things anymore through other means that don't require believing in things that can't be proven. You're fully capable of doing that as well.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sincere congrats on your turn around.

I'd bet that you have seen quite a few spectacular things while you were using.

matt79brown

The fact that God would help a sleeze ball like myself while innocent people suffer from things that are not self inflicted I do not know. As a matter of fact there's a lot of things I do not know. My life was pain and misery from early childhood with details I do not care to disclose. God? If there was a god I hated him and blamed him for all the suffering! Now I'm a Jesus man. The irony! When it comes to faith healers, prosperity preachers, religious know it alls and denominational guidelines I'm the biggest skeptic and critic there is. I don't buy any of that. Jesus Christ has done for me what nothing or no one else could. Like Jesus I'm rough on phony religious folks. That's who wanted Him dead. I guess the Atheist of that day enjoyed the circus as much as they do today. If a man came preaching against the religious leaders & ''moral majority'' today, I'm guessing he wouldn't last long either. Ya'll seem to be educated in history and scripture. I don't think a hillbilly with a lap top is going to bring you some life changing message, nor am I trying to. The only absolute I have is that I have changed. For the better. And I ''blame'' Jesus.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The fact that God would help a sleeze ball like myself while innocent people suffer from things that are not self inflicted I do not know. As a matter of fact there's a lot of things I do not know. My life was pain and misery from early childhood with details I do not care to disclose. God? If there was a god I hated him and blamed him for all the suffering! Now I'm a Jesus man. The irony! When it comes to faith healers, prosperity preachers, religious know it alls and denominational guidelines I'm the biggest skeptic and critic there is. I don't buy any of that. Jesus Christ has done for me what nothing or no one else could. Like Jesus I'm rough on phony religious folks. That's who wanted Him dead. I guess the Atheist of that day enjoyed the circus as much as they do today. If a man came preaching against the religious leaders & ''moral majority'' today, I'm guessing he wouldn't last long either. Ya'll seem to be educated in history and scripture. I don't think a hillbilly with a lap top is going to bring you some life changing message, nor am I trying to. The only absolute I have is that I have changed. For the better. And I ''blame'' Jesus.
It's much easier to not think about why Jesus would pass over others in equal or worse need.
Lucky for you that you live where you do or else you might be blaming Mohammad.

matt79brown

And I guess you'd blame luck, chance, circumstance, or the alignment of the stars or something? Hehehehe. Whatever works for you. And by the way I work with Muslims that where born and raised right here in the bible belt. Also I have met Christians of Arab decent from countries that are predominately Islamic. So it's rather presumptuous of you to connect religion with geography. Just because your Atheist I don't assume your from New York, New York or San Francisco, California. You probably came to your conclusions based on your own studies then made your decision that there is no god. As the owner of a Koran and a Bible after much diligent study I still ''blame'' Jesus. He (Jesus) is the one who has won my affection. I may be a southern hillbilly but I am not ignorant. You say God can not be proven, I say He can not be denied. I'm willing to wager my eternal soul on the subject but then again I guess you have nothing to lose.

ky55

I'm willing to wager my eternal soul on the subject but then again I guess you have nothing to lose.

Seems like these threads always start with an assertion and end with an insult.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
matt79....
Without quoting who or what you are replying to nobody can be sure what your reply is directed to.