Best bang for the buck trail cams

Triton Mike

I know this has been asked. With trail cams going out of production to make new models. What's the best bang for the buck trail cam. Bears have taken a toll on mine. Going to get cages for these next cams.

DEERFU

I would like to know as well! Please post any deals you find. I only need one.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Amazon had this one for 25 bucks, have never tried them but had good reviews online, so I bought 2, if they quit workin I throw them away...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,422

goshenmountainman

Wal Mart had the tasco trail cams for 25.00, I bought two about a month ago, they have taken over 3000 pics each. The quality of the pic is not as good as the primos ,bushnell, and some of the other but they are pretty clear and are still taking pics every night and day.

livetohunt

Best bang for the buck doesn't always mean the cheapest. I'm tired of replacing the cheap cameras every couple of years. I think paying for Reconyx cameras is the best bang for the buck if you consider they go 10+ years with no problems. Plus you get a camera that operates like a trail camera should.

shdw633

Amazon had this one for 25 bucks, have never tried them but had good reviews online, so I bought 2, if they quit workin I throw them away...

That one has expired, but good deal for that camera.

shdw633

Best bang for the buck doesn't always mean the cheapest. I'm tired of replacing the cheap cameras every couple of years. I think paying for Reconyx cameras is the best bang for the buck if you consider they go 10+ years with no problems. Plus you get a camera that operates like a trail camera should.

Ive got three 8 year old M-80 Moultries still going and the cost of the three cameras combined where no where near the price of just one Reconyx. Paying a lot doesn't always mean they last the longest either.

PappyHoel

I still maintain that Reconyx is the best for the $$$. They don't miss a picture. Also they last 5+ years non stop. My theory since I've owned every camera from a wildgame to a Reconyx is that for every $100 you spend you get 1 year of 24x7 life.

killabig1

I look for cams under $100 because,
they get stolen too often.
I lost two this season. I'm not paying $500 for a cam no matter how good when they're prone to vanishing.
That being said, I have Tasco, Wild Game, and Primos that are inexpensive and work OK.

Snookpimpin

i run over a dozen of the moultires A series and they work good. I have no problem with any of them and they take good pictures. amazon sells them for 50$ a couple times a year and they normal for fr 65$ on there all year

N

NantucketShedHunter

If you can find a Moultrie M80 buy it. That is THE best trail camera the Chinese ever made. I have several of them. One of them is 7 years old and still going strong. It's been out 24/7/365.

turkeyman55

Trail cam

I know this has been asked. With trail cams going out of production to make new models. What's the best bang for the buck trail cam. Bears have taken a toll on mine. Going to get cages for these next cams.

New 2016 Moultrie A-20 Infrared IR 12 MP Game Trail Camera MCG-13129 Auth/Dealer

ITEM PRICE:
US $59.99

Attachments

• MFDC2507.jpg
    MFDC2507.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 1,349

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Wal Mart had the tasco trail cams for 25.00, I bought two about a month ago, they have taken over 3000 pics each. The quality of the pic is not as good as the primos ,bushnell, and some of the other but they are pretty clear and are still taking pics every night and day.

I picked one up yesterday. Will put it out this weekend. I'm not spending hundreds on cameras

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a bunch of the WGIs on sale for <$50. Also have a couple cheap Moultries. I haven't had any problems with any of them, and a couple of the WGIs have been running 24/7 for about four years now. If they crap out tomorrow, I'll figure money ahead and get more of them. I am not going to pay over $100 for a trailcam, I get too many of them stolen. Also, I can run half a dozen cams for what one of the good ones would cost. I might get slightly better pics with a top-of-the-line, but I don't have any problems with image quality, battery life, or number of pics with the cheap ones. I haven't tried the Tascos, but I've considered trying a couple.

j_seph

I have 3 of these, they do pretty well just no time stamp and batteries in one is going on 1 years
f9e38b34-f67e-414b-b6ff-2844043bfd1f_1.23fe2438694070a1a0b365432fafc78a.jpeg

Grunt-n-bleat

my .02 cents.
Covert MP-E6, well under 100 dollars. I have had one running on a set of 8 AA's for right at a year. Usually get between 1000-1500 pictures in a week over a mineral site.

Doolydawg03

I have some 4 yr old browning strike force going strong over 60k pictures a piece 0 problems so far have 8 browning's total all strike force models all are 2-4 yrs old they take excellent pics have great trigger speed and battery life great and video are good to