bears in bartow county?

GANoles09

ARe there bears in bartow county? there was a bear came through my farm once but havent seen any of them in years? looking for my first bear hunt next year... thanks

ganoles09::ke:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have never seen a Bear in the wild........but yes, they are in Bartow County:cool:

ATT00040.jpg

Streetsweeper

Yes, there is Bears in Bartow County. The (DNR) have caught several in my area over the years, since I was a kid. I live not even a mile from McKaskey Creek Camp Ground. I have lived in this neighborhood all my life, they use hit some bee hives behind my moms house every summer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wow. That looks like a pretty solid bear. I would definitely ground check that one!

Like I said, I have never seen one, but this track came off of Oak Street, bet you know where that is;)

ChristopherA.King

Seen ones tracks on pine log wma and there is always one seen here around the house in the summer time but never in the fall

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Seen ones tracks on pine log wma and there is always one seen here around the house in the summer time but never in the fall

Seems like they know when the season begins too huh:huh:
Turkeys and Deer too..........you can see them everyday, til ya start lookin for em!:whip:::gone:

olhippie

..A few years back now a bear was shot in Allatoona WMA. It was not legal to shoot them at that time in that area. It's body was found by deer hunters just across GA 20, west side, from the check stand. I've hunted up there for many years and have never seen a bear, or bear sign.

cape buffalo

yes Ive seen 3 bears in 1week hunting pine long but mom had clubs if not. one would have been my rug...