First Hog Hunt... Going to Pine Log

I’m going to pine log this weekend with a friend of mine for his birthday outing. 1) I’ve never been hog hunting. 2) I’ve never hunted a WMA.
So I have some questions. I’ve already gotten enough info to know I will be bow hunting because it’s Small game season.
1) am I required to wear orange if it’s Small game season?
2) am I supposed to tell them that I’m “hunting Small game” or does incidental kill mean I can go out there intentionally looking for them?
3) do I have to check in or something when I get there? Like I said, i’ve Never been to a WMA before. So any regulations or things I need to know would be helpful.
4) if I kill a hog, would it be okay to transport 2 hours back home after the kill if I get the hog on ice at the truck?
5) tips for not getting lost in the 14,000 acres?
6) what tips do you have for hog hunting pine log?

I’m sorry if some of these questions have been asked before, it’s hard to find conversations on this that are recent.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Sign in once, small game weapon, no orange necessary for small game and when you sign in, it will be for that so no shplainin necessary. Most gates were closed when I was there a few weeks ago. Only sign I saw was where Davis branch crosses Main Street, and there is always sign there ........have fun and if there are two of you, walk through some thick pine thickets:biggrin2:

Are you talking about online sign in? I’ve read something about that but don’t know exactly what it is.

So basically, if the gates aren’t open, we will have to start south near the check in?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
For hogs work upwind, if there's several, you will smell em bedded up. Follow the trails showing plenty use by hogs.