Crazy Story

Chewbaka81

Last Saturday beta tau789, purdywoody88 and I were checking some deer feeders. I stopped to answers natures call on the way to one of the feeders. As I was catching up to the guys I saw some wood duck feathers on the ground, which I thought was odd because we were on the opposite side of the property from where the swamp we hunt is on. I asked the other guys if they’d seen them and they said “no but let’s chrck it out”. Purdywoody took a stick and starting poking around in the feathers and said “y’all would freak out if I found a band”. Atthat second a band popped up in the pile. Turned out to be from Canada not far from where two other birds killed on this property this season were banded at. I wouldn’t have believed what happened if I wasn’t there.

Chewbaka81

Couldn’t get other pics to load.

Attachments

• E873A7BA-4DC9-4FF3-89DD-D3C8EB777325.jpg
    E873A7BA-4DC9-4FF3-89DD-D3C8EB777325.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 737

MudDucker

Staff member
Ducks are the original snowbirds. I've seen flocks of woodies feeding through the woods like a flock of chickens.

QuackAddict

I had a group of about 75 walk up through the woods to my deer stand one afternoon and when they popped out in the road they all flew off. The pond they came from was about 250 yards away and I assumed that they had been feeding on water oaks in the woods.

Yea I missed that one. your luck driggers was not there he would have claimed tha duck.:bounce::bounce::bounce: