Any electricians here??

mizuno24jad

I’m gonna purchase 10/3 direct burial wire soon, looking at the different lengths I can get 100 foot roll for 75 bucks, why is the 250 foot roll 238 dollars, more than three times the amount of the 100 foot when it seems to be the same exact wire?

Jim Ammons

If you are pricing at Home Depot, 250 ft roll, the outer cover is orange and the 100 foot roll is grey at our Dalton store.

Jim Baker

Staff member
I’m gonna purchase 10/3 direct burial wire soon, looking at the different lengths I can get 100 foot roll for 75 bucks, why is the 250 foot roll 238 dollars, more than three times the amount of the 100 foot when it seems to be the same exact wire?

Are both UF-b? Are you sure you are pricing both as 10-3 with ground? (3 conductors plus unsheathed ground)

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Home DIY's burying wire always makes me nervous.
Too many variables... distance, load, depth, terrain and traffic.

Jim Baker

Staff member

Attachments

• 10-3 ufb.jpg
    10-3 ufb.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 10-3nm.jpg
    10-3nm.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 317

HoCoLion91

If you are going to buy more than 100’ft, need to check price at a Electric Supply store such as Mayer ,they are usually half the price of Lowe’s or Home Depot

sparky

uf wire is "underground feeder" it is a direct burial jacketed cable,not to be in conduit,it cant get rid of heat in a conduit,use THHN in conduit ,all need to be buried to the correct depth

Anvil Head

You can get it at a much reduced price on line and have it delivered to your door. Everyone is cheaper than HD or Lowes. Just do a search based on wire code.

Anvil Head

Got my burial rated cable on line from "Wire to Go" at $1.05/foot for 75'. (little better price with longer lengths) HD or Lowes couldn't come close.