Internet has caused an will continue to cause lease prices to skyrocket

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I guess there is no deer in Tennessee. It is a shame we have to fight for land in our own state. Play dirty . I have never liked jumping around. It is never guaranteed you will be in one spot for long, but when you build a place up , place stands, food plots, learn the area, etc., just to have it slip out from under you that is not a great feeling. I have never tried to undermine anybody like that . Don't think I would. But getting the feeling we will see more of it. Leased land in the middle of the state is pretty much locked up , unless you want clearcut land . These days that's not so safe either.

I don’t know about deer in Tennessee. Landowner can play dirty trying to get more too. But the current lease I have I’ve had it for 22 years with no issues.

shdw633

The outdoors writers would have you believe that the number of hunters is decreasing. Look at the demand for leases and preference points for quota hunts (anywhere) and you will find that demand exceeds supply.

That's not the only indicator of a decreasing amount of hunters and would most likely show that those hunters that are left are the more affluent ones that can afford it. The reason for quotas hunts demand is due to the lack of quality hunting opportunities for those that are less affluent in the sport and these are their best opportunities at a reasonable price. Illinois used to be difficult to draw a license during the archery season, now it's almost a given that you will get one if you apply. The issue of decreasing numbers is due to the fact that most younger adults just can't afford to hunt or are afforded only to hunt on public land which can be exasperating at times and can easily discourage someone from the sport.