Andouille Crusted White Bass Filets

ryork

Didn't get as many photos during the process of this because my daughter hi-jacked my phone. She says it takes better photos than hers, no idea, will take her word for it. Anyhow, took some white bass filets from my trip to the Coosa on Friday and browned them slightly in a pan. Had already cooked down some minced Andouille sausage in a pan and mixed with some bread crumbs and a touch of creole mustard. Coated the filets on one side with that mixture and finished off in a 450 degree oven. Served that over some Cajun rice and topped with a mirliton (Chayote squash depending on where you're at), tomato, onion and dill relish. The sauce is my go-to creole meuniere sauce. Made the sauce by boiling down some w'shire sauce and Crystal hot sauce with half of a peeled lemon, some thyme and a couple of bay leaves in it. Added some chicken stock and let that simmer for a while. Thickened it by adding some cornstarch-water mixture.

Attachments

• 3-16 (3).jpg
    3-16 (3).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 3-18 (1).jpg
    3-18 (1).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 3-18 (2).jpg
    3-18 (2).jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 329
  • 3-18 (3).jpg
    3-18 (3).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 3-18 (4).jpg
    3-18 (4).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 330

naildrvr

Looks mighty fancy, I bet it's full of flavor. Looks great!

Dub

I’m blown away.... looking very flavorful with that exquisite sauce.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks very, very edible. :clap:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks good enough to eat.

ryork

Thanks folks!!

Fried me a couple more filets with some jalapeno hush puppies for lunch today.

Attachments

• 3-19 (1).jpg
    3-19 (1).jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 197

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Note to self: I gotta check the Fontana white bass runs. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
For a ways, yep. Good run of white bass and walleye.

Triple C

This forum confirms the fact that I'm in the novice category compared to most of you folks that post these incredible concoctions. Never have mastered the sauces thing. Ryork...that plate at the top looks amazing. And I wouldn't shy away from the fried filets n hush puppies either. Outstanding!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow!!!!!! I would not want to decide which two versions to go at first. Both are mighty fine!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Latest posts