Asphalt Driveway - Costs

95g atl

Folks,

Anyone do asphalt or work for an asphalt company that would be interested in quoting laying new asphalt over my existing....
Not terribly large, i'm guessing 1000-1200 sq ft for now.

Estimates per sq ft over existing with little prep work?

Suwanee, GA 30024 - no sub/d and easy access.

--- if green cash gets a better deal, we can do that.

(trying to see if it cost effective or use the funds on another project around the house).

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Might call several residential asphalt paving companies. They are always stopping in at work wanting to pave some of my parking lot for $500.00. with asphalt that was left over from a job that day.

95g atl

Might call several residential asphalt paving companies. They are always stopping in at work wanting to pave some of my parking lot for $500.00. with asphalt that was left over from a job that day.

yup....
had a buddy that worked at one and gave me left over asphalt for some patch work.
Thx for the suggestion........

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
What ever you do don’t let a gypsey pave your drive. They are crooks!

NOYDB

BANNED

What used to be called gypsies are known as travelers. The got some left over paving from a job available cheap scam is well known and works. Often they will cover your drive with roofing tar.

Always deal with office of an established co. Although they seldom have any left over as they plan how much they need before they ever go on site. They can mix enough for multiple jobs and can include you at a savings.

95g atl

Often they will cover your drive with roofing tar.

Jeez.....roofing tar. WOW.
Yeah, I would actually need the asphalt about another 2" thick to cover some highs/lows/wear.

Thx for the advise.

Friend just got a quote of 80 feet of his single lane driveway, $4,000. Granted it is currently dirt so there is more work involved, but that's roughly 800 sq ft. $5/foot for my calculation. I was planning closer to $2-2.5 ft to go over existing in my situation.

rjcruiser

Wow...$5 a foot is expensive. I got a verbal estimate in the $3 range for concrete....but that was for about 3k-4k feet of drive.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Square footage can be misleading. True, less material is needed but setup costs will be the same whether resurfacing 1200 sq feet or 12000.
I would suggest finding out which contractor does subdivision resurfacing in your area. Also if you can be flexible about your timeline he may have other work in the area coming later.

Last edited:

joey1919

I am in the business, don't EVER let someone put "leftover" asphalt on your driveway. This is a total and complete scam. Every year Yankee crooks head south with the cold weather because they can't run their scam up north in the winter months. These guys will have very nice equipment but they'll be long gone before youre driveway comes apart in a few days. Ive seen it dozens of times. Please, dont be tempted by this no matter how good the deal sounds. Much of the time its not even asphalt theyre selling, but processed milling from an old road that has been ground up very fine and uniform.

If you are ever in need of asphalt work look at this list "gdot qpl 45"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1y6NTH5pFUkCXUdwi8tOPp

Find the gdot approved asphalt producer nearest you and call them, ask who they suggest for a driveway. They can tell you the best local guy for the job, they deal with them everyday.

If you have a specific question send me a pm, I'm not on here as much lately but ill see the email and respond

95g atl

I would suggest finding out which contractor does subdivision resurfacing in your area. Also if you can be flexible about your timeline he may have other work in the area coming later.

as luck would have it, the 30 acres across the street is now a sub/d with 121 homes. They are about 1/2 way done with the buildout....so i'm sure they will be coming in at the end to resurface. Thank you.

I am in the business, don't EVER let someone put "leftover" asphalt on your driveway. This is a total and complete scam. Every year Yankee crooks head south with the cold weather because they can't run their scam up north in the winter months. These guys will have very nice equipment but they'll be long gone before youre driveway comes apart in a few days. Ive seen it dozens of times. Please, dont be tempted by this no matter how good the deal sounds. Much of the time its not even asphalt theyre selling, but processed milling from an old road that has been ground up very fine and uniform.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1y6NTH5pFUkCXUdwi8tOPp

Find the gdot approved asphalt producer nearest you and call them, ask who they suggest for a driveway. They can tell you the best local guy for the job, they deal with them everyday.

If you have a specific question send me a pm, I'm not on here as much lately but ill see the email and respond

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I forgot the:rofl:: since it was in the on topic section.

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
as luck would have it, the 30 acres across the street is now a sub/d with 121 homes. They are about 1/2 way done with the buildout....so i'm sure they will be coming in at the end to resurface. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

Wow. 121 houses and the requisite streets, storm ponds, etc. on 30 acres. If the houses are any size at all there won’t be any room for lawns ☹ï¸�
Suburbia at it’s finest

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation

There are a bunch of gypsy's in Acworth that run paving businesses

95g atl

Wow. 121 houses and the requisite streets, storm ponds, etc. on 30 acres. If the houses are any size at all there won’t be any room for lawns ☹ï¸�
Suburbia at it’s finest

Yup....utter stupidity in my opinion. Filling up with Yankee's and other type of folks I don't care for. and Traffic is an absolute joke and a half.....
Houses are up to 3600 sq ft or so and a small lot. $500,000's...... I have the same sq ft but on acreage.

I am stuck here for 11 more years, or until I find a private school I like in a more rural area. So far these North Gwinnett schools are outstanding! I'm preparing for them changing and things going downhill. When I see anything sliding, i'm GONE before the property values take a hit.

Though we have our little paradise on a 3.5 acres in the middle of suburbia, it does wear thin on my patience when I step foot out of my compound.

The good news is, prices have skyrocketed and am sitting on a small fortune. Lucky I bought the 1+ acre lot next door in the recession. Land is going for $125-150k an acre here......(if you can find it).

In the mean time, I'm still entertaining a repave. No rush, I am looking for a fair deal. :)

TJay

Good info all. When our house is finished I will probably wind up with about a 550 ft gravel drive. A year or so from now I'll probably do an asphalt drive. Privacy isn't cheap!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Good info all. When our house is finished I will probably wind up with about a 550 ft gravel drive. A year or so from now I'll probably do an asphalt drive. Privacy isn't cheap!

0oncrete costs more up front,but last without having to maintain it several years down the road.

LTZ25

Folks,

Anyone do asphalt or work for an asphalt company that would be interested in quoting laying new asphalt over my existing....
Not terribly large, i'm guessing 1000-1200 sq ft for now.

Estimates per sq ft over existing with little prep work?

Suwanee, GA 30024 - no sub/d and easy access.

--- if green cash gets a better deal, we can do that.

(trying to see if it cost effective or use the funds on another project around the house).
Don't use a gypsy .

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
My advice is to concentrate on quality not price. I would not be looking for cheap paving.

I've had miles of roads paved in developments. You want someone who will do the job correctly.

Everyone is busy right now. No legitimate contractor is going to give you a deal, especially for a for a tiny job.

LTZ25

Real paving company don't do that . They are playing you for a sucker .

srb

Plenty of work these day s with a long delay ..Concrete is super high now,Aspaalt to I would imagine..

Latest posts