Considering Texas Hunt

Ga Woodrow

Looking for feedback from any of you guys that have hunted that way. Looking for the hunt and not the five star set up. No high fence. Anybody that has had a good experience that might fit the bill please feel free to pm me. Thanks in advance...have a couple young men that would be tickled pink with a 130-135 class buck cant handle those big ol trophy fees.

ProAngler

I went on a hunt in Texas and the amount of game there was unbelievable. I saw more deer and bigger bucks hunting one feild one afternoon than I did the whole year Hunting on a productive club in ga. Also saw large sounders of and hogs and flocks of 50+ turkeys. This was all free range private land. Of course Texas is a big state and some areas may not be as good. But from talking to other folks it seems to be a typical experience. This was central Texas.

ProAngler

Also a 130-135 is not what I would just expect low fence. Possible, but antler size on free range bucks out there is not much better than GA deer from a good county. But many of the counties in the hill country have 100 deer per square mile so you will have a bunch bunch to look at.

500 S&W

I hunted with Adobe Lodge in San Angelo, Tx. and had a great time. Awesome amount of game in the area and many are in the 135" range. Nice setup and the owner, Skipper Duncan is a stand-up guy. Their website with hunt recaps is www.adobelodgephotos.com. Good Luck.

Gumpbuck

Hunted private land in Cotulla, TX back in 2010. I agree with other comments about the amount and size of game. Here's my TX buck.

Attachments

• texas.jpg
    texas.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 234

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't drive to Texas to shoot a whitetail deer, but I've always wanted to kill one of those blackbuck antelope that they have out there.