Question about suppressors

Lilly001

I went by my LGS today to see about picking up a couple AR lowers. They were, predictably, out of all but the higher priced ones.
But we began talking about suppressors.
He told me that they are getting what he called a "kiosk" that would allow me to do all of the paperwork, fingerprints and pictures for a tax stamp in my name (not a trust) and send it directly to the Feds.
Has anyone heard of this?
It sure would make getting a suppressor easier.:cool:

bullgator

Yep. There's a dealer in Tampa doing it.

wareagle700

Great idea that bigger shops are moving towards. Really simplifies the process, especially with the new changes.

Lilly001

Great. I'll be on it as soon as he calls to tell me he's up and running.
Should have a suppressor in time for next season.:yeah:

ryanh487

Silencershop runs those, and they work with a lot of class 3 dealers. Their website has more details on the kiosk if you're interested. Heard good things and my favorite gun stores both have them, but haven't used one myself. I got my silencers before the kiosks existed.

deast1988

What's the current wait on a can?

I'm bout to start the paper work on another .22can. Last ones took 12.5months with a mail filed trust.

deast1988

Still sitting at 12months. Nfa Tracker

Jester896

Senior Clown
think one of mine took 14 months
SBR only took 2 months I think....and that was with a glitch in my paperwork.
I visit another site that has a Stamp Waiters Support Group :bounce:

Chase4556

As others said, its a Silencershop Kiosk. Makes things much easier for sure.

As far as wait times, the trust still takes a while. I turned my individual in last May and got it back in late October. Right at 5 months. Its shorter now, I believe Ryanh487 is correct and people are seeing 3-4 month wait times on individuals.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Didn't most of the advantages of using the trust go away in July 2016? (no fingerprints, LEO sign-off, whatever)

I did a trust SBR before that change took place and it took 10 months. In hindsight, I should have done a suppressor at that time with all the increase in options for braces on pistols since. Might have to look into the kiosk thing!

deast1988

I did one yesterday, Trust and first time using the Kiosk. I was impressed. Still a long wait, but It'll be nice once I get it. I looked at Rugged Ocluos and DeadAir Mask. Went with the Mask over it being a little more simple to use and maintain.

I got an AMD 65 being pinned as a pistol, it'll be SBR forms submitted in a few weeks on it.

scott stokes

It is not hard to get everything you need for suppressor.i went chestatee Firarms and got suppressor.i paid for it and she field out paper work took 5minutes,then went by drugstore got photos done $12 the went to police station and got prints done.then went back to gun store.i live in Dawson county bought suppressor in Lumpkin county .it took less then a hour and half.
So easy I am doing it again.
Chestatee Firarms is buildout building one for my .44mag pistol.
I hope they get it done before there demonstration day.
If interested in suppressors or custom built guns you should come it’s open to public march 24 from 2-4

frankwright

Quiet Riot in McDonough has everything right there to get you taken care of in just a few minutes.

They can also advise you on which silencer you want for each weapon and application.

deast1988

Quiet Riot in McDonough has everything right there to get you taken care of in just a few minutes.

They can also advise you on which silencer you want for each weapon and application.

I've used them 5times so far, Jake is top notch. They added the silencer shop Kiosk aswell. Great place that's striaght forward to deal with and a fantastic selection in stock.

PappyHoel

It is not hard to get everything you need for suppressor.i went chestatee Firarms and got suppressor.i paid for it and she field out paper work took 5minutes,then went by drugstore got photos done $12 the went to police station and got prints done.then went back to gun store.i live in Dawson county bought suppressor in Lumpkin county .it took less then a hour and half.
So easy I am doing it again.
Chestatee Firarms is buildout building one for my .44mag pistol.
I hope they get it done before there demonstration day.
If interested in suppressors or custom built guns you should come it’s open to public march 24 from 2-4

Will he do SBRs? I may take my krink up there and do an sbr and apply for a suppressor for it.

scott stokes

Yes they do sbr.
They also build guns.
And on March 24 they are having demo day from 2-4 you can see the guns they build and suppressors. they also make there on lower receivers.
They have full machine shop.they also do most engraving while you wait.they also do Cerekote