BushnellTrophy Cam

Early Riser1

My Trophy Cam model 119435 takes 3 photos ever 3 seconds until the batteries die. The interval between events is set for 30 sec. I have tried other intervals with the same tesult. This camera was manufactured before the plot watch feature was introduced. Any ideas about how to stop this?

1gr8bldr

My Trophy Cam model 119435 takes 3 photos ever 3 seconds until the batteries die. The interval between events is set for 30 sec. I have tried other intervals with the same tesult. This camera was manufactured before the plot watch feature was introduced. Any ideas about how to stop this?
Got one doing the same.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Back about 5 years or so ago, I had a camera that would take a normal one shot photo every 15 seconds minimum based on movement/heat detection etc. However, during the fall on days when the temperatures would still get fairly high during the day time and then drop down to close to freezing at night, this camera starting taking pretty much continuous photos until the batteries would die. When it killed a set of batteries, I knew something was wrong so I inspected every aspect of this camera and determined that somehow it was getting excessive moisture within the battery compartment and was corrupting the terminal connectors. This can surely happen in an enclosed container when the daytime temperatures get much hotter during the day and then the actual temperature goes down close to freezing again at night. This moisture is created as the temperature moves through the "dew-point" as such.

I took it out of service for two weeks as I emptied out the batteries and filled that compartment with rice (do not use an air hose to blow it out before adding the rice in it) and left it closed up for about 10 days that way. When I inspected it again and vacuumed out all of the rice residue, then took an air hose and blew it out and then vacuumed it, I put new batteries back in and set it up again and it took perfect photos after that for a few more years until a large tree fell and knocked the camera off of the tree. It did work for another year or so even after that happened. Back then I used the AA Duracell Copper-Top batteries BUT for the past few years now, I only use the Duracell Quantums on all but two cameras as those two are very low volume photos counts and I need to use up the last pack of copper-tops. This may or may not be your same problem BUT it is worth thinking about.

If you have seen most any of my posts in the trail cam forum, you probably already know that I do have 37 WGI cameras in service 24/7/365 (actually own 62 WGI cameras total) and I do keep very detailed records on the performance of every camera since I started using trailcams back around 7 years ago.

Last edited:

Early Riser1

I reset the camera to default settings. It seems to be working in the backyard with squirrels/birds. Now for a try in the woods.

turkeyman55

bushnell

this lady helps me

Koncak, Julia jkoncak@bushnell.com

rjcruiser

Plot watcher sounds like it is turned on.

BowanaLee

I save the original packaging and send them back. Just check years owned to 0. It has to be in original packaging though. If you didn't save it your out of luck. They always fix me up one way of another. Most times with a new camera. If its real old I might get a discount offer ?