Boat Transformation

Eye Wreckin

Banned
So I bought a good ole faithful Jon boat because I can't afford the up keep on anything else flotable besides a kayak. Paid 150 for boat with trailer. The boat was missing half the carpet, had a couple cracks, and other wear and tear. The boat is 30 years old, but I took on the project. Here are the before and after photos. Not perfect but better than it was. What do y'all think? It's fishable at least.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,416

fish hawk

Bass Master
Looks good.....I dont particularly like the way the lights are mounted to the fenders of the trailer.

Last edited:
Boat looks great. I've been thinking about getting a jon boat but can't get the wife on board, no pun intended.

Last edited:

Eye Wreckin

Banned
Yeah neither did I. I hate it actually but I had no other choice.. And yeah it's legal, for me to get a tag a sheriff had to come out to the house and inspect it. Appreciate it guys.

donald-f

I had to get registration on my boat trailer and sheriff came out and signed off on it. He did not check to see if lights worked or not. I asked him about it and he said all he was doing was making sure it was not stolen and properly registered, but once it hit the street it was up to me to see that lights worked.

What I was thinking about them being that far forward is the law about a red flag must be attached to something hanging from a pick-up or trailer.

Alan in GA

Looks great

...in both pictures to me! I love fiberglass jon boats as you can add or remove to redesign. Don't remove foam floatation unless you add it back somewhere else.
Looks like you are ready to explore the 'backwaters'!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
She patched up nice. Time to put her in the water and see what she does.

Ahab

Quite the makeover, looks ready to rock the water. Nothing wrong with an old boat, mine's 35.

twtabb

Made in Camilla Ga. I had one in the 80's. We ran that thing up and down the flint river. Wish I had never sold it.