New Jet Boat coming soon...

GARoughneck

Hey all,

I'm really excited about my 3rd and hopefully last jet boat that I have designed with Brent Kauffman at RockProof Boats. Here are some picks of the build and I hope to be taking deliver in a few days now. It's going to be a long winter but I will do my best to get it on the water regardless.

Thanks,

SC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,897

GARoughneck

Additional Pics

Sorry could not figure out how to add more than one attachment from iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3,310

GARoughneck

Brett,

Great question and the two main reasons for my personal choice of OB Jet vs. Inboard are:

1. I prefer the ability to access the intake grate and trim motor up in certain places based on rivers I fish.

2. I just can't get past the "motor hump" on the rear deck of inboard models. It takes up 1/3 of your space and a trip hazard if not careful. Not to mention I wanted 4ft decks front and rear with 7 1/2 feet of cockpit space, this design would have been horrible with an inboard.

Regards,

SC

brett30030

Makes perfect sense, are you going to use the bait tank for your seat?

Dirk

Be sure the tunnel is installed right... It should be highest at the transom, not way up near the beginning of the tunnel. My buddy Robert Smith had to get his Rock-Proof tunnel completely cut out and redone as his was 3 or so inches deep up near the beginning of the tunnel and only about an 1 1/2 inches deep at the transom. This made the water flow head slightly downward at the transom instead of upward into the jet intake (which caused major cavitation problems, which caused over revving and major engine problems).

That boat looks great and Rock Proof makes a tough boat for sure. Roberts has 3/4 inch UHMW glued and screwed on and it is a TANK to the point that we just laugh when we hit a rock, as it causes no damage other than scraping a little plastic off if it is a sharp one... That V on the front is looks good and that boat will probably run great even in chop on lakes (if the tunnel is right and it doesn't cavitate). Congrats. :cool:

GARoughneck

Yup, 30 gallon Super Bait Tank II. I had a flush mount deck power plug placed right at the foot of the tank with a power switch on the console. You can see the template of the tank that I sent him in the pic below.

Thx,

SC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,729

GARoughneck

Dirk,

Thanks for the feedback, not sure if you remember me but we talked prior to my last boat purchase a Lowe 1760CJ Roughneck. I loved that boat and based much of that design on this new boat. You know the Etowah is CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored on boats and with Ladds closed I will be exploring new parts of the basin next spring. Hope all is well and would love to get together one day next season.

SC

GARoughneck

The motor is a brand new leftover 2011 150/110 OptiMax I got a ridiculous deal on from BPS in Hanover, MD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,637

GARoughneck

Took Delivery, Final Pics

Pick up the boat this weekend, I'm very happy with the final result and would highly recommend Brent Kauffman and RockProof Boats.

Thx,

SC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,476

615groundpounder

Sweet boat!!! I like how clean and clutterfree the inside of the boat is. I'm mainly a fly guy and would one day like a boat very similiar to this. The large casting decks are perfect.