2017 Official Auburn Football Thread

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Note: There will be an official thread for every team that has a big enough following here on GON. Most of us regulars have been here long enough to know who cheers for who and what not. These threads are meant for the fans of that school... That being said you can post in these threads if you are not for that school, just make make sure it is in a positive way. There will be no trash or smack talk tolerated.... This is your warning... and violators will be dealt with swiftly. Only one thread per team, any others found will be deleted once they are found. We enjoy the smack talk at times from rivals and such but these thread will not be used for that purpose..Carry on in the other threads as you wish as long as it's within the forum rules. We want the forum members to have a place to go talk about their football team without having to deal with smack talk from rival fans. We can all hold off of the nonsense in these threads, there are plenty of others for that types stuff. Infractions will be issued for any nonsense. Consider these threads to be like the "On Topic" forum and treat them as such.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
One sports writer picked Auburn & Georgia to play for the SEC title. Not sure about that, since we play during the regular season. But, anything is possible.

deerbuster

Really looking forward to this year even though we lost 2 stud Defensive Linemen. Anxious to see how the QB situation is going to turn out with the new transfer in Stidham. WDE!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
War eagle to the bone!

Swineqhog

Window Licker on the Gus Bus
Im Ready!!!

Fixing to order my tickets for the Ole Miss game and UGA Game.. Nothing better than a fall Saturday tailgating in Auburn!!! WDE

LanierSpots

My season tickets have been on order since May.... Looks like we are only 4 weeks away guys. Lets hope we can play up to some of the hype we are getting. Its always uneasy to get this much attention preseason

Looking forward to seeing all that talent work on offense.

:yeah:

deerbuster

We've got a scrappy GSU coming into Auburn! They aren't bad and shouldn't be overlooked, REALLY looking forward to see how Stidham does! WDE!!!

Ben Athens

I am looking forward to this season. I hope Gus has a good plan for the team.

BTW .....that statue of Bear Bryant offends me and must be removed ! It hurts my feelings

LanierSpots

It was solid. The defense as you saw was suffocating. The offense stuttered a little but showed signs late of greatness. Stidham looked a little rusty but got better as the game went along. Oline was similar. A few missed blocks early but started to get it together later.

I feel good about this team. Beating Clemson at home will be a task this week but I believe we will give them a battle..

Our front 7 is nasty as I have ever seen at Auburn. Plus Tray Williams is a mean man

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

How long y'all rekon Kerryon Johnson is going to hold up running it between the tackles so much?
Good to see us making those field goals.
Sure hope Stidham don't get hurt cause Malik Willis has a long way to go.
Glad to get the conference win and glad to see the offense putting up points (even though Mizzu's defense is BAD).

War Eagle!

deerbuster

Hopefully a win against Miss St will keep peoples minds off the demise of our basketball program.

LanierSpots

Good win last night. Team is coming along nicely. Jarrett Stidham is learning to play QB and our receivers are learning to get open.

The defense is just outstanding so far. Love what I am seeing. Continue to get better and move on to next week..

WDE