Why is it that the sec schedules....

bullgator

Why not play a 9th in conference game like everybody else.

The SEC has been playing a conference championship game since 1992, 20 years before the big 10 caught on.

We all know the SEC is considered the top conference just based on all the others comparing themselves and attacking us. It's all good :flag:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I'm not the head of either conference, but it wouldn't make sense for the ACC to do it. They not have the Notre Dame wrap around deal, so they are going to play 9 conference games and has some teams forced to play Notre Dame, and still have to start conference games by the 3rd week. The SEC doesn't do it, because again, still have to start the conference schedule by the third week. PAC twelve, BIG 10, BG 12, doesn't have to do that because the last week can still be in conference for all. They can open with a big game the first week, and then have two cupcakes before conference games start, i.e your boys. They aren't going to play a big game, then two weeks later start conference games. Ohio State doesn't do that either.

Not sure I'm understanding this. Tosu opened the season against big10 Indiana and played Oklahoma the second week. I don't think any conference opened against another conference team

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
You'll never win this argument Guth,SEC is way down this year but in the past playing 8 SEC teams is like anyone else playing 10 in theirs.

Theirs no argument. Outside of 3 teams the sec sucks THIS YEAR. We're talking about the playoffs THIS YEAR

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
The SEC has been playing a conference championship game since 1992, 20 years before the big 10 caught on.

We all know the SEC is considered the top conference just based on all the others comparing themselves and attacking us. It's all good :flag:

Refer to post #43

bullgator

Refer to post #43

I'll reference the selection committee rankings top 8. There's 3 SEC teams, 2 ACC, 1 B10, 1 independent.

You want to fold or deal another hand?

skeeter24

Why not play a 9th in conference game like everybody else.

I agree that the SEC should play a 9 game schedule, especially now that there are 14 teams in the conference. I also believe that each conference should play a conference championship game even if they only have 10 teams and have already played during the season. That way all conference champions would have completed a 10 game conference schedule

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

I'll reference the selection committee rankings top 8. There's 3 SEC teams, 2 ACC, 1 B10, 1 independent.

And then there is ^^that^^...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
FINALLY. An intelligent reply. If sec teams are to stay relevant they need to schedule Conference opponents at the end of the year. Not cupcakes

Phooey. Come join the SEC. Don’t just talk the talk. Let’s see you walk the walk. ::ke:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Cupcake teams this time of year, FSU and Clemson to while every other conference is playing conference teams?https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/schedule?group=19

A chance to lick their wounds and give the third string boys some play. Not to mention reward millions of dollars to athletic programs that otherwise would never draw that kind of money to a game. #4 Oklahoma is playing the Kansas JayHawks this weekend. #2 Clemson is playing Citadel. I would hardly qualify that as "the hardest" part of their schedule.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

Give it 2 weeks. That will change bigly. Top 4 is the only spots that matter

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I agree that the SEC should play a 9 game schedule, especially now that there are 14 teams in the conference. I also believe that each conference should play a conference championship game even if they only have 10 teams and have already played during the season. That way all conference champions would have completed a 10 game conference schedule

All power 5 conferences DO play championship games. I think the big 12 is doing it right. 10 teams. No divisions everybody plays everybody. The 2 teams with the best record play for the championship.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
A chance to lick their wounds and give the third string boys some play. Not to mention reward millions of dollars to athletic programs that otherwise would never draw that kind of money to a game. #4 Oklahoma is playing the Kansas JayHawks this weekend. #2 Clemson is playing Citadel. I would hardly qualify that as "the hardest" part of their schedule.

I agree with the money for smaller schools. Kansas is in the big12. My point,that these sec homers are missing,is it doesn't do the sec any good to play cupcakes at the end of the year. It weakens there sos. That is one of the main criteria for picking the final 4. Watch what happens if auburn wins the seccg

bullgator

Buffalo
Ball St.
Akron
Bowling Green
Arkansas State
Towson
W.Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Morgan St.
N.Texas
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Charleston Southern

Any guess what these teams have in common?

They were all on the big 10 schedule this year.

Also, South Florida and Central Florida played big 10 teams........and won!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Buffalo
Ball St.
Akron
Bowling Green
Arkansas State
Towson
W.Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Morgan St.
N.Texas
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Charleston Southern

These were at the beginning of the season. Everybody schedules easy wins at that time. Go back and read the headline to my post. I ask why does the sec schedule cup cakes at the END of the season. They should be showing off for the committee against conference opponents

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Buffalo
Ball St.
Akron
Bowling Green
Arkansas State
Towson
W.Kentucky
Middle Tennessee
Morgan St.
N.Texas
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Charleston Southern

CF is the real deal. Did any sec schools schedule them.

bullgator

CF is the real deal. Did any sec schools schedule them.

C'mon mannnn, y'all didn't schedule them because you thought they were good! They were like 0-12 two years ago. They scheduled them thinking they'd be another Morgan State. And what difference does it make when you schedule the puff games :huh:.
The SEC doesn't need to show off to the committee, just take care of business ahead. This question won't be an issue on rivalry week or the seccg.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
C'mon mannnn, y'all didn't schedule them because you thought they were good! They were like 0-12 two years ago. They scheduled them thinking they'd be another Morgan State. And what difference does it make when you schedule the puff games :huh:.
The SEC doesn't need to show off to the committee, just take care of business ahead. This question won't be an issue on rivalry week or the seccg.

This question WILL be an issue after rivalry week. I hope auburn wis the sec. y'all heads will explode

bullgator

facepalm:.....................:deadhorse:

across the river

This question WILL be an issue after rivalry week. I hope auburn wis the sec. y'all heads will explode

If Auburn wins out they SEC they go to the playoffs. How would they not. You have currently have Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, Georgia , in that order. If Auburn beats Alabama, then Georgia, you mean to tell me they will drop out of the playoffs because the play Louisiana Monroe this week? Not a chance. The winner of the SEC will go regardless of who it is. If Wisconsin wins out, they go. The Clemson/ Miami winner goes, and Oklahoma if they win out. If Wisconsin loses to Michigan and/or Clemson falls to SC, it only strengthens Auburn chances. I don't see how you think they wouldn't go if they win out.

hayseed_theology

Alabama plays a big nonconference team most years but it's always at home they NEVER travel to an FBS out of conference game. This is the first year I remember Georgia traveling to a big nonconference game

We've went on the road the last few years and played Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Colorado, and Notre Dame this year. I would like to see us travel more to play some of the big name schools. Our fans are awesome, and they'll be there to support the Dawgs where ever they go!

We were trying to get a home and home with The Ohio State university, but y'all backed out. Remember? http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...eyes-cancel-georgia-bulldogs-home-home-series

Exactly

We play an away game at Georgia Tech pretty frequently if I recall correctly. We have also traveled to Clemson recently. Additionally, we had a series set up with Louisville that included us traveling to Papa John's Stadium, but I believe it was cancelled so UGA could play in the Chick-fil-a Kickoff Game one year. Not to mention opening up with neutral site games against Boise State and UNC.

Unless I missed something, over the last 11 seasons, UGA has played 10 big nonconference away games, but tOSU has only played 6. Correct me if I'm wrong.