Meopro vs vx3 which should I go with

dmclain1

Ok guys, I know this has been beat to death, but I need some extra help with my decision. I am looking at a Vx3 in 3.5-10x40mm or the meopro 3.5-10x44mm

The leupold is 499. But leupold is doing a 100$ rebate on Vx3 through December 31. The meopta Meopro I can get for around 375$.

In third is the zeiss terra 3x, I haven't heard amazing reviews so far though.

lonewolf247

To make sure I'm giving you an unbiased opinion, the best thing to do is to go view these two scopes side by side. Ask yourself, which features, and what qualities about the scope is most important to you, then go see for yourself.

Also, just looking through the scopes, you might see something you like, or dislike about one or the other to make your decision easier.

Both scopes, IMO are good choices, made by reputable companies, and backed by good warranties.

In addition, I can only offer my personal experience with the current Meopta, and Zeiss scopes you mentioned. I've owned Leupold, but none of their recent offerings.

Meopta Meopro:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=9868032

Zeiss Terra:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=9872873

Also, the Meopta you mentioned can be had a little cheaper. I bought one from here myself:

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics2/meopta.pl?page=meopta541800

wareagle700

How are the adjustments on the Meopta scopes? I saw somewhere where they were not exactly ideal for dialing or adjusting in the field. Leupold's to me are like that, kind of a set it and forget it scope. My experience has been that Leupolds don't adjust well. I prefer to have scopes that at least give you the option of taking the cap off and dialing in an accurate adjustment.

For those reasons, I just got a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 and a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50. Looking forward to putting each to the test.

lonewolf247

How are the adjustments on the Meopta scopes? I saw somewhere where they were not exactly ideal for dialing or adjusting in the field. Leupold's to me are like that, kind of a set it and forget it scope. My experience has been that Leupolds don't adjust well. I prefer to have scopes that at least give you the option of taking the cap off and dialing in an accurate adjustment.

For those reasons, I just got a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 and a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50. Looking forward to putting each to the test.

The Meopro 6-18x50 I have is basically like a combo of target turrets and hunting turrets, combined. What I mean by that is, they are tall turrets, with knobs you dial by hand, just like a target turrets, but have caps like a hunting turret. They are very precise clicks, and from my little bit of testing, the tracking seemed perfect.

The 4-12x50, I'm jogging my memory, from only adjusting it once, seems like it is knobs you click by hand also, but just not tall, like the target style knobs. I'm not home now, but I'll check when I get back. Both scopes held excellent zero.

I own or have owned Conquests, Minox ZA5, Terra, Nikon Monarchs, Elite 4200s, VX3, several other Leupold models and Vortex (no Meopta)

The best hunting scopes I own are my Leupold VX-Rs. Nothing compares to the low light performance they give and using the red Firedot in full daylight is pretty darn good as well. I'd suggest you at least have a look at a 3-9X40 VX-R with Firedot Duplex reticle before making a final decision.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

dmclain1

Thanks guys! I have a lot to think about I am going to try and take a look at both side by side. The rebate has me really thinking about the leupold, without that I think I would go meopta because of price.

Lilly001

I own or have owned Conquests, Minox ZA5, Terra, Nikon Monarchs, Elite 4200s, VX3, several other Leupold models and Vortex (no Meopta)

The best hunting scopes I own are my Leupold VX-Rs. Nothing compares to the low light performance they give and using the red Firedot in full daylight is pretty darn good as well. I'd suggest you at least have a look at a 3-9X40 VX-R with Firedot Duplex reticle before making a final decision.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

X2.
I own several of the same brands and I carry a BLR with a 3-9x40 VX-R.
Best hunting scope I have ever used.:cheers:

dmclain1

Thanks everyone, I went ahead with the Meopta. It should be in my hands on Saturday. I also want to mention that Doug from cameralandny is awesome.

GACory

Bring up the dead on Halloween!

Anyway just trying to decide on the same two scopes, and wanted to see how you liked the Meopro?

lonewolf247

The good news is that they are both good scopes. I'd suggest going view them, and look through them, side by side, and you may be able to make this decision on your own.

pacecars

I have only tried the Meopta in a 6x42 but it has replaced the Leupold 6x42 as my favorite scope.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have an older Artemis Series and it beats any of the Leupolds I have ever owned for low light. It has a 4B reticle I think. The only think I don't like about it, is that it adjusts in cm rather than MOA. I have never had a Leupold that adjusted in .25MOA even though the advertise it is...3 clicks shouldn't be 1.5 MOA.

killerv

the vx3i can be had around 300 with just a little bit of searching online. I have the vx3i, I like it. Both scopes u mentioned are more than capable in low light conditions and then some

I just purchased a Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 with Firedot Duplex reticle for $451 delivered. For usage in low light, nothing without can compare with an illuminated reticle, nothing. This, plus it has the ability to turn up the dot's brightness for middle of the day and facilitate very fast target acquisition.

This is my 4th VX-R and I sold a mint Zeiss Conquest to buy it. It's on top of a Model Seven SS .300SAUM and will be my long range, low light hog and deer rifle, also used for black bear in poor wx.

On the far right, to the right of a M70 FW.

Attachments

• 1127170814a.jpg
    1127170814a.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 565

Doolydawg03

I just purchased a Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 with Firedot Duplex reticle for $451 delivered. For usage in low light, nothing without can compare with an illuminated reticle, nothing. This, plus it has the ability to turn up the dot's brightness for middle of the day and facilitate very fast target acquisition.

This is my 4th VX-R and I sold a mint Zeiss Conquest to buy it. It's on top of a Model Seven SS .300SAUM and will be my long range, low light hog and deer rifle, also used for black bear in poor wx.

On the far right, to the right of a M70 FW.

I really like the VX-R model also it has been a great scope ive had it for 5 yrs now mine is the 4-12x50 ballistic firedot and the red dot makes the entire scope fast target acquisition like mentioned above and the clarity and low light production of this scope are great to.