***General Discussion Weather Thread #9 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinggoldGa

DDD just said on twitter that yesterday the GFS promised a shot at a white christmas. Now it is saying get out the shorts and flip flops.

I think Miggy broke it again.

smokey30725

Looking even closer there is a threat a week from Friday before we even think about Christmas snow.

The pattern looks stormy and cold going forward. I would suggest Fire Wood, alternative light and heat sources. Start thinking about it now. I am not saying its going to happen, what I am saying is when everyone else realizes its going to happen, preparing is too late.

Threat like ice? :huh:

snarlinbear

Has this site died or am I in the twilight zone. I've checked here a dozen times and there are no posts. Please... will a genuine weather geek give us an update.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Has this site died or am I in the twilight zone. I've checked here a dozen times and there are no posts. Please... will a genuine weather geek give us an update.

Just stepped outside to light the smoker and it feels like it's about 29. Hope this helps.

rospaw

It's cold outside and will warm tomorrow toothlessbear! Might rain some next week so carry your umbrella. :type:

Saw Onions son last week. He hasn't changed a bit!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Here's an icy clown map for you folks in NW GA. NOT A FORECAST, I mean, afterall, it's the GFS. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

prateptype_cat.conus.png

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
And on a more serious note; Brad Nitz says Tuesday we should see wind gusts in the 30 mph range. Soooo, if you have any leaning trees, snags or widow makers from the snow storm you need to get your chainsaw out this weekend and do some mitigation.

smokey30725

I'll take the snow, but please cancel any impending ice storms.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'll take the snow, but please cancel any impending ice storms.

Well it's snowing and sleeting good right now over Georgia and Alabama, but it's doing it well up in the atmosphere and with a low dewpoint and higher temps than are sustainable none of it will hit the ground, not even as a misty rain.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
One week ago here it was a very cold rain and the ground temp was 55°F. Here's what we got today with air temp at 39°F and cloudy.

Attachments

• ground temp 120817.jpg
    ground temp 120817.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 485
  • ground temp 121517.jpg
    ground temp 121517.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 487

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This weather and cloudy day has sure put the deer on the move good since daylight. It can stay like this for a couple of days.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Maybe that biggun you're after will get to movin with the rain coming in on Monday.

That 9 point this morning sure was a temptation. :p. Right now it's a lull and I'm wanting a cup of coffee something fierce.

PappyHoel

That 9 point this morning sure was a temptation. :p. Right now it's a lull and I'm wanting a cup of coffee something fierce.

It's about to get windy. I read an article that said there have been more big bucks on average killed in high winds.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yea, it's starting to pick up out of the NW and that's good for the stand I'm in. Plus, the secondary rut is in full swing. Some snow would be nice.

ryork

37 degrees, cloudy, breezy and cold here around 4:30 this afternoon. Still a few inches of snow (ice) on the roof.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Latest EURO for Christmas morning. NOT what we want to see trending. Fortunately being 10 days out this is just a clown map. Hopefully.

Attachments

• euro 122517 0600 prog.png
    euro 122517 0600 prog.png
    453.3 KB · Views: 461
Status
Not open for further replies.