One fly only?

TopWater94

looks like the Wooly Bugger (black/olive) is the winner thus far. Can't blame yall, its a great tailrace fly. And small stream .

TRC

Simple answer for me.....#16 flashback pheasant tail hung off the back of a #12 parachute adams. Uh ohhhh...that would be two flies. Works for me anytime, anywhere. Slayed about a 100 on the toccoa last week. Not really slayed as all were released but it's a killer combo for me.

Tom

Randy

When you say only one fly are you talking about for any/all species?

Tightliner

Shhhh!!::ke: Don't speak of the Bray when others are listening. :D No, for real, it is a great place to have as your backyard. And Emory, has been ok. Some little post spawn bows in the water right now so it was obviously productive. Better than could be expected at least. Rough didn't look to good last year but I agree Panther and Thomas (not "Thompson" -sorry mispelled) have always beed productive for such a small stream. Lets go!!!:cheers:

Give me a yell any time, Im just down the road. I fish alot and often have to head out by myself (Bitteroot ::ke:). Always looking for an excuse to hit the water. Usually try to catch at least one afternoon hatch a week at reliance and lately been going alone more often than not (Bitteroot::ke:). You are welcome to tag along.

Later ...............................................

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Give me a yell any time, Im just down the road. I fish alot and often have to head out by myself (Bitteroot ::ke:). Always looking for an excuse to hit the water. Usually try to catch at least one afternoon hatch a week at reliance and lately been going alone more often than not (Bitteroot::ke:). You are welcome to tag along.

Later ...............................................

quit pokin me ya bum..... You know I'd go ifin I could! :banginghe

mama root has other plans for me right now.. and it don't include my fly rods! :banginghe:banginghe

District Softball should end next week and then State(maybe) kicks in a couple weeks later! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

TopWater94

TL'er, sounds good. I am facing possible promotion in July and that will change my hours quite significantly. Thats good news for my rods, and bad news for the fish in the CWMA. Next time I plan a trip I will yell at you.

Tightliner

quit pokin me ya bum..... You know I'd go ifin I could! :banginghe

mama root has other plans for me right now.. and it don't include my fly rods! :banginghe:banginghe

District Softball should end next week and then State(maybe) kicks in a couple weeks later! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Sorry couldnt help myself ::ke:. Also probably need to quit crashin this thread. Sorry................:O

Later.............................

Tightliner

TL'er, sounds good. I am facing possible promotion in July and that will change my hours quite significantly. Thats good news for my rods, and bad news for the fish in the CWMA. Next time I plan a trip I will yell at you.

Offer good on my side too. PM me and I'll give you a yell on my next trip. Probably try to hit somethin this week end. I promise, this is the last I'll step on your thread :bounce:. Its getting off subject, but a good resource.

Later.................................

Tugboat1

Fresh - olive wooly booger with a tad of sparkle, Trout would be soft hackle spider

Salt - tan crazy charlie ( flats) Chartreuse and white deciever ( all other)

TopWater94

Offer good on my side too. PM me and I'll give you a yell on my next trip. Probably try to hit somethin this week end. I promise, this is the last I'll step on your thread :bounce:. Its getting off subject, but a good resource.

Later.................................

Man I don't care about interupting my own thread to make fishing plans. Now if it someone else's thread I would, so I guess I see your point. :cheers:

TopWater94

this sounds like the begining of a good thread. I will start one.

fishnpreacher

Fresh....#14 Soft hackle pheasant tail
Salt.......Chartreuse Clouser

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I mostly only fly fish for trout, so I would say my little #12 yellow/tan furry nymph with no name that I've been tying and fishing for the last twenty-five years or so. If I had to pick a dry fly, it would be a #14 Yellow Palmer.

TopWater94

I mostly only fly fish for trout, so I would say my little #12 yellow/tan furry nymph with no name that I've been tying and fishing for the last twenty-five years or so. If I had to pick a dry fly, it would be a #14 Yellow Palmer.

POst a pic and recipe of your "no name", if its not too secret.