Terrestrial Fly Swap

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I fish ants wet most of the time. I will put some floatant on yours when I give it a try.

Toxic

My flop popper is simple to make. I used a white flip flop from dollar general (pair for a $1) For the bream poppers I used a .22 mag shell stuck into a drill to cut the bodies out. You would probley get about a hundred per flop if you wanted. Then I tied in 2 white (short feathers) for the tail, some black feather for hackle. I made a whole through the body of these poppers since the were on the small side and slipped them onto the hook with some glue to keep it there. I pierced the body twice with a pin and pulled the legs through with my bobbin threader. I added couple of black dots with a marker and there you go, flop popper.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
My flop popper is simple to make. I used a white flip flop from dollar general (pair for a $1) For the bream poppers I used a .22 mag shell stuck into a drill to cut the bodies out. You would probley get about a hundred per flop if you wanted. Then I tied in 2 white (short feathers) for the tail, some black feather for hackle. I made a whole through the body of these poppers since the were on the small side and slipped them onto the hook with some glue to keep it there. I pierced the body twice with a pin and pulled the legs through with my bobbin threader. I added couple of black dots with a marker and there you go, flop popper.

Cool! Thats a great look'n popper!

I have sent three sets of extra flies out today. Thanks for all that contributed. I sent one set to FredW to use at YellowStone!He will give us a full report I am sure.:)

fishnpreacher

Got mine! Great job everybody!
As a side note, I never fish my swap flies. They are kept separate to be admired, remembered, and used as patterns in the future.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
As a side note, I never fish my swap flies. They are kept separate to be admired, remembered, and used as patterns in the future.

Pretty much the way I am as well. I thought about ways to display them. I have a bunch of streamers displayed in a glass front box that turned out really nice.Got to figure how to do other fly types that will be easily viewed.

Tightliner

Pretty much the way I am as well. I thought about ways to display them. I have a bunch of streamers displayed in a glass front box that turned out really nice.Got to figure how to do other fly types that will be easily viewed.

I display flies in frames at my cabin. I take a small forked twig off of a tree. Split the "trunk" part in half (like splitting firewood" so that there is a flat surface to glue to your facer board. The small branch coming off of it is perfect to stick the hook into and perch the fly on.

Later..............................

fishnpreacher

I've got a shadowbox picture of a good Yellowstone cutt with a black foam beetle displayed. I used a cork in the bottom of the frame, stuck a small sewing needle in the cork, then put the hook through the eye of the needle. You can adjust it about any way you need to....

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good ideas Y'all!

Toxic

Mine should be in tomorrow, can't wait guy's

Tightliner

Just got mine:D! Great job guys! Cool pin too, much appreciated;).

Later......................................

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Just got mine:D! Great job guys! Cool pin too, much appreciated;).

Later......................................

I had almost forgotten the flypins.You are welcome.

Toxic

Mine came in today (friday) awesome flies. Thanks for the flypin paymaster