Ice Fishin' with the Long Rod...

I know enough to stay the heck away from them! :rofl: I would like fishing them way too much and they get a lot more expensive than my pockets are deep! :eek:

Funnin aside, I know a little about them. If taken care of, they will last a life time. If you picked it up in a garage sale, you very well could have a very nice rod on your hands that the seller didn't know what they had. Or, it could be a production rod that doesn't hold much value. Either way, $5 for a bamboo rod that is fishable isn't too bad of a deal. The slow action of them and the way they bow over with a good fish on make them a lot of fun to fish. On the other hand, that slow of an action to the rod also makes it a very hard rod to learn to fly cast with.

Hay that's funny you said that about the bamboo fly rod cause I had one give to me several years ago form a old man that was a good friend of mine.I don't know much about it.It says its made in England so I guess its junk.It also says its Armor cane.So I'm guessing sense its not made in the USA its probably junk.But any way its justs laying around in the shed.