atlanta ponds

SheldonMOAC

I fish the Heflin, AL watershed which is less than one hours drive. You will need a small boat, but it is awesome fishing. It is public.

peej

Peidmont Park

Not many people fish there, I guess because its in the middle of Atlanta, but it needs to be fished more than it is. There are tons of bream in there which needs to be managed and plenty of healthy bass. Seen one dead crappie before and it also has some 20+ lbs Koi fish. So if you really want a good pull, take a treble hook.

Tim L

Not many people fish there, I guess because its in the middle of Atlanta, but it needs to be fished more than it is. There are tons of bream in there which needs to be managed and plenty of healthy bass. Seen one dead crappie before and it also has some 20+ lbs Koi fish. So if you really want a good pull, take a treble hook.

I've heard that too about the big Koi (a form of carp), how close can you park to the lake?

Tim L

I fish the Heflin, AL watershed which is less than one hours drive. You will need a small boat, but it is awesome fishing. It is public.

Is there any space where you can fish from the bank and do you know if there are carp?

Benito

Lullwater Park (Emory)

Lullwater park in Emory University - About 7-8 acre pond, good bass/bream (caught a 4lb, seen 5-6 pounders caught)

Very few people fish it - Only problem is parking is tough - you chance getting a ticket, since all parking in the area is for students/faculty.....On weekends it's not that tough, but during the week you're taking a chance.

Once you park it's about a 10 minute nice walk to the pond. Worth it for me.......

I live in Atlanta, too - I've tried Piedmont Park a couple of times (you can park 50 feet from the pond), and seen
3-4 pounders caught, but I haven't ever caught anything there.......

Hope this helps - let me know if you find something close as well....

BEN

Tim L

There used to be a public lake outside Chamblee; Candler park, it's probably still there..

freebird

I see cars parked on the side of the road beside a lake on camp creek pkwy, south of cambelton rd. Every day.

Forkhorn

That's Vandiver's Lake. I don't know much about it, though.

Plenty of Bream and Bass in there, as well as some channel cats. Buddy of mine caught a 6lb Largemouth out of there, and my son caught his biggest bream out of that lake. Heard there are Crappie too, but never seen anyone catch them. Some BIG snakes hanging around there too! Seen at least 1 every trip last year.

duke13

[ Lullwater park in Emory University - About 7-8 acre pond, good bass/bream (caught a 4lb, seen 5-6 pounders caught)

Very few people fish it - Only problem is parking is tough - you chance getting a ticket, since all parking in the area is for students/faculty.....On weekends it's not that tough, but during the week you're taking a chance.

Lullwater is a PRIVATE PRESERVE open only to Emory students, faculty and staff. NOT a public fishing hole.

boonhogganbeck

Plenty of Bream and Bass in there, as well as some channel cats. Buddy of mine caught a 6lb Largemouth out of there, and my son caught his biggest bream out of that lake. Heard there are Crappie too, but never seen anyone catch them. Some BIG snakes hanging around there too! Seen at least 1 every trip last year.

Is that bridge on Camp Creek the only access point? I tried to get to it via Enon Road but ran into a locked gate. I would like to get out there in my canoe.