Bigfoot encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoothunter

You conveniently missed the rest of what I said, I did not realize we were still living in a time when scientific research was considered "hocus pocus". Must have been how the Catholic Church felt when the suggestion that the earth revolved around the sun was made. Thank god I cannot be burned at the stake for this, if I could be, it seems that some of the people I have met in here would have made it happen by now. That was a joke by the way, forgive me for not using an emoticon to make it more obvious.

Doe Master

Banned
You conveniently missed the rest of what I said, I did not realize we were still living in a time when scientific research was considered "hocus pocus". Must have been how the Catholic Church felt when the suggestion that the earth revolved around the sun was made. Thank god I cannot be burned at the stake for this, if I could be, it seems that some of the people I have met in here would have made it happen by now. That was a joke by the way, forgive me for not using an emoticon to make it more obvious.

:yeah::rofl::rofl::stir::biggrin2::crazy::cool::pop::yeah::yawn::cheers::D:D I Don't think anyone want's to burn you at a stake. some of us are just realist about things.

drippin' rock

Take a deep breath man. Some folks here are just bright enough to find the "on" button.

There are many unexplained occurances on this earth, it is fun to speculate. Some have no imagination. Their loss.:cheers:

grouper throat

Black bears are everywhere here and look very similar to most descriptions of these Bigfeet. You ever seen 1 stand on its hind legs? I'll see if I can pull some old trail cam pics up. I'd imagine its the culprit for around half of these incidents (especially at night, low light conditions and to people who aren't use to seeing them).

Bigfoothunter

Black bears are everywhere here and look very similar to most descriptions of these Bigfeet. You ever seen 1 stand on its hind legs? I'll see if I can pull some old trail cam pics up. I'd imagine its the culprit for around half of these incidents (especially at night, low light conditions and to people who aren't use to seeing them).

I agree with you, I believe that a large number of reports can be explained by someone not engaging in subterfuge, but simply misidentifying a known animal.

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
I will have a civil discussion concerning the evidence and anything else on the subject with anyone who wants to discuss it. But if the tone of the discussion is going to be hostile and ugly, I would prefer not to engage in it.

Hold on before you run off anywhere... I am sorry for my own ridicule-laced posts already in this thread. It is getting to be automatic for me when I hear anybody start sounding like they are bigfooters... Please realize that this whole thing has been thoroughly discussed on this forum:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=598056&highlight=bigfoot

This 1000+ post thread is everythibg you ever wanted to know about bigfeets in Georgia... and a lot that you didn't want to know. There really were some serious, thoughtful discussion concerning the whole bigfoot phenomenom scattered in here, a few examples...

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5530887&postcount=122

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5539928&postcount=132

And not unlike yourself, I have some background concerning the subject at hand:

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5542260&postcount=141

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5545542&postcount=145

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=4937306&postcount=131

So I've got a little history behind me as well as a lot of personal time lurking around all the various bf websites. And have spent countless hours over the years reading through all the databases of reported encounters, which are, for all practical purposes, the extent of the evidence for most of the 'so-called' bigfoot researchers to base their beliefs on and often the catalyst that initiates the transition of a common computer nerd into a bonafyed arm-chair bigfoot expert.

Also please consider that you aren't the first bigfooter on this forum that Bfriendly has got 'giddy' over... his last buddy rolled in here with both barrels a blazing. A Bama boy with his own bf website and some hi-tech cameras and night vision equipment... well he crashed and burned when he went to posting that he had first hand, confidential intel that the U.S. government was involved with a conspiracy to hide bigfeets and that he was suddenly being followed around by blacked-out helicoptors intent on hampering his bf field work. And I am pretty sure one of them 'anonomous' believers on here that Bfriendly is always a talking about is the same one with his own big ol' thread over on the bf forum telling about bigfeets a following him around all over the state from deer lease to deer lease. He finds undisputable proof every time he opens his front door... (the guy even has the same user name on both forums and got bent out of shape when I called him on it?)

Anyways, you've been nothing but respectable and determined since you joined here... (plus the pipe in your picture on your website makes you look real smart) therefore an apology was forthcoming. I hope my post here and my links might explain some of my initial comments, along with some of my fellow members and bf skeptic friends. Stay with us a while... it keeps me out of the 'kill all the coyote threads'.

Let me add, that the one piece of evidence that I personally have always found the most compelling by far is the Patterson-Gimlin film. Thought I had read and seen everything that existed about it, both pro and con. The link I found on your site was really thought provoking and a fresh, proffesionally conducted, fact filled analysis of a subject I thought had been 'over-done' years ago! Thanks...

Bigfoothunter

Hold on before you run off anywhere... I am sorry for my own ridicule-laced posts already in this thread. It is getting to be automatic for me when I hear anybody start sounding like they are bigfooters... Please realize that this whole thing has been thoroughly discussed on this forum:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=598056&highlight=bigfoot

This 1000+ post thread is everythibg you ever wanted to know about bigfeets in Georgia... and a lot that you didn't want to know. There really were some serious, thoughtful discussion concerning the whole bigfoot phenomenom scattered in here, a few examples...

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5530887&postcount=122

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5539928&postcount=132

And not unlike yourself, I have some background concerning the subject at hand:

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5542260&postcount=141

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5545542&postcount=145

http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=4937306&postcount=131

So I've got a little history behind me as well as a lot of personal time lurking around all the various bf websites. And have spent countless hours over the years reading through all the databases of reported encounters, which are, for all practical purposes, the extent of the evidence for most of the 'so-called' bigfoot researchers to base their beliefs on and often the catalyst that initiates the transition of a common computer nerd into a bonafyed arm-chair bigfoot expert.

Also please consider that you aren't the first bigfooter on this forum that Bfriendly has got 'giddy' over... his last buddy rolled in here with both barrels a blazing. A Bama boy with his own bf website and some hi-tech cameras and night vision equipment... well he crashed and burned when he went to posting that he had first hand, confidential intel that the U.S. government was involved with a conspiracy to hide bigfeets and that he was suddenly being followed around by blacked-out helicoptors intent on hampering his bf field work. And I am pretty sure one of them 'anonomous' believers on here that Bfriendly is always a talking about is the same one with his own big ol' thread over on the bf forum telling about bigfeets a following him around all over the state from deer lease to deer lease. He finds undisputable proof every time he opens his front door... (the guy even has the same user name on both forums and got bent out of shape when I called him on it?)

Anyways, you've been nothing but respectable and determined since you joined here... (plus the pipe in your picture on your website makes you look real smart) therefore an apology was forthcoming. I hope my post here and my links might explain some of my initial comments, along with some of my fellow members and bf skeptic friends. Stay with us a while... it keeps me out of the 'kill all the coyote threads'.

Let me add, that the one piece of evidence that I personally have always found the most compelling by far is the Patterson-Gimlin film. Thought I had read and seen everything that existed about it, both pro and con. The link I found on your site was really thought provoking and a fresh, proffesionally conducted, fact filled analysis of a subject I thought had been 'over-done' years ago! Thanks...

I appreciate your words, I was not planning on running off, I have not been repelled by anyone. I really do understand the skepticism that exists among people who are not familiar with the evidence. In addition to the witness reports, there is a variety of other sources of evidence that is very compelling. I did not come here to "teach" anyone about the subject, or present myself as an "expert". I find the subject interesting and worth my time, and came here to see if anyone had any experiences they would share with me. Again thank you for your words, and do not worry I have pretty thick skin. My time will be worth it here as I meet people who are also interested in the possibility of the creature, and want to discuss it.

greg_n_clayton

I started this thread to see if anyone has had experiences that they would like to talk to me about personally. I am not trying to convince anyone that they exist, frankly I do not care what you believe in. I am not on a crusade to make everyone a believer. If I cared about the uninformed opinions that other people have, then I would not be able to pursue this subject.

Also I am not sure why you quoted me, then repeated what I said, then told me to educate myself? Nothing I said in the statement you quoted suggested that I did not think that there was a possibility in aliens or black cats. I am not sure what you were trying to communicate, unless you were in just such a rush to try and argue with me, that you tripped yourself up on the facts in the process.

I told ya !! You were forwarned !!

greg_n_clayton

Oh and FYI. They are having a Bigfeet Convention in Dahloneger !! Missed the date, but your bigfeet friends proably know !!

TerryGwinnett

I’m not a believer, but I’m not a total disbeliever either. Let’s just say that I doubt they’re real, but I’m open to the possibility. The reason that I’m open to the possibility is the stories that I have read. I have killed a fair amount of time on the BFRO site reading the stories in their databases. You don’t have to believe to get a kick out of the stories. A lot of them, even the ones that the researchers have investigated, are unbelievable. I almost automatically dismiss the reports of strange noises or screams in the night. Even from the people who swear they have heard and can identify every living thing in the forest. Then there are the people who say they thought they caught a glimpse of something or heard something that was definitely bipedal or some noise that only a primate could make and there was no way anybody else was in that area of the woods. Well, if YOU can be in that area of the woods then what on Earth keeps anybody else from being in that area of the woods.

Then there are the stories that you just cannot explain. The stories people tell of seeing something within 30 yards of them that they were able to look in the eye and stare at for 10 seconds or more. When somebody describes a face and hands and shoulders on something that they saw that close to them for that amount of time, you have to wonder. The only two possibilities are that they made it up or they saw an as yet unclassified primate. Would that many people really make up such stories and then go on the record with them? I’m just as unsure of that as I am unsure that this thing exists. But, those doubts are at odds and that is why I say I’m open to the possibility.

Did anybody watch the Les Stroud Survivorman top ten episode? He described an encounter he had up in Alaska that was very weird. He said that it freaked him out for the rest of the time he was there. It’s got to take a lot to freak out Les Stroud. On the TV show he stressed how incredibly loud the noise was, that it had vibrated his chest. He’s about the only guy around that I believe when he says, “I’ve heard everything there is to hear in the forest.”

Here he is telling the story on a radio program.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate your words, I was not planning on running off, I have not been repelled by anyone. I really do understand the skepticism that exists among people who are not familiar with the evidence. In addition to the witness reports, there is a variety of other sources of evidence that is very compelling. I did not come here to "teach" anyone about the subject, or present myself as an "expert". I find the subject interesting and worth my time, and came here to see if anyone had any experiences they would share with me. Again thank you for your words, and do not worry I have pretty thick skin. My time will be worth it here as I meet people who are also interested in the possibility of the creature, and want to discuss it.

Don't assume that a differing opinion means "uninformed." I actually have done quite a bit of research on the whole bigfoot phenomenon over yhe years, and found it really interesting. But so far, I have seen nothing at all to convince me.

Some of us have researched most of the same material you have, but just arrived at a different conclusion. That does not make someone "uninformed," it just means that they don't share your opinion about the validity of the existence of a ten-foot tall bipedal creature that lives all over the country but has never been documented. And we don't necessarily lack imagination, some of us just prefer to seperate imagination from reality. Most of what you refer to as "evidence" could be referred to by others as "speculation" or "hypothetical theories," or "making the evidence fit your pre-formed conclusion instead of basing your conclusion on the evidence."

The bigfeeters get bent out of shape when people ridicule their claims. Then get somebody credible to represent you instead of those idiots that are on tv every night looking for saquatches in the briar patch behind a strip mall in the suburbs of Atlanta and see every buck rub, ice-storm-bent pine tree, roadkill deer skeleton, tuft of cow hair in a barb-wire fence, or pile of bear crap as irrefutable evidence of a "squatch." Also, when people make themselves believe that every plain example of a hoot owl hollering, rooster crowing, or coyote howling is a "bigfoot vocalization" and then show it on tv, it doesn't help your cause.

I couldn't say that bigfoot doesn't exist, I don't know. But I can say with reasonable certainty that if it does, it ain't living in southeastern suburbia. Come on. My family has been in NC since the 1700s. Other families have been here as long or longer, and know every tree, plant, animal, bird, and insect living in their area. They have collectively spent millions of hours in the woods hunting, trapping, working, walking, and observing nature and have never seen a bigfoot or anything like one. But some guy can come down from NYC, stick a candy bar on a stump in a public campground, and get a photo of one in two days? Sure. I believe him much more than the people who have spent their whole lives living in those same woods. (sarcasm.)

If there is a bigfoot, he is somewhere back in the real wilderness, not here in what the tv show kids consider to be "wilderness." You're not gonna find him by going out in a cow pasture at night fifty yards from the road and playing monkey noises on a tape player and creeping each other out. And quit believing everything everybody tells you. Some people make these stories up, some just honestly don't know what they saw and attribute it to a bigfoot or black panther instead of trying to figure out what it actually was. I have a neighbor who has seen several black panthers, one with a white cub. He has never seen a bobcat, mink, or many other common animals. He misinterprets what he sees because he wants to see a black panther. At the same time he saw the black panther with a white cub, I saw a labrador retriever and another small white mutt dog together several times in the vicinity.I wonder what it was? (more sarcasm.)People usually see bigfoot because they want to see bigfoot. A trip through the threads in the trail camera forum here will show you how many people cannot identify most common animals that live around here, much less ones that don't exist.

BornToHuntAndFish

Oh and FYI. They are having a Bigfeet Convention in Dahloneger !! Missed the date, but your bigfeet friends proably know !!

I saw the announcement on the local metro Atlanta news last night.

Because inquiring minds want to know . . . :bounce:

After a quick web search, here's the details at the web link below:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20261942/conference-on-bigfoot-to-be-held-in-georgia

Conference on Bigfoot to be held in Georgia

Dec 04, 2012

Midnight Walkers Southeastern Bigfoot Conference

January 12 and 13 at R-Ranch in Dahlonega

Tickets are $25 a day for adults; $12 for children.

AND

http://mwsbc.com/

Midnight Walkers Southeastern Bigfoot Conference (MWSBC)

Truth in Sasquatch Discovery

First Southeastern Bigfoot Conference to be Held January 12th and 13th, 2013

Posted on November 11, 2012

Tickets

Event Schedule

The Theme Behind the Conference

The Venue and Area

Speaker: R. Scott Nelson

Speaker: Ron Morehead

Speaker: Christopher Noel

Speaker: Leigh Culver

Speaker: Arla Williams

Speaker: Jim Vieira

Speaker: Alex Midnight Walker

Bigfoot Field Captures

Report Your Georgia Bigfoot Encounter

Sponsor the Event

Limited Tickets

Lodging

See more details about the schedule at the web link below:

http://mwsbc.com/?page_id=30

Event Schedule

R Ranch in the Mountains 75 R Ranch Road, Dahlonega GA

SCHEDULE

January 12, 2013

09:00 am to 09:05 am Alex Midnight Walker Intro

AND

January 13, 2013

09:00 am to 09:05 am Alex Midnight Walker Intro

cropped-Screen-shot-2012-11-11-at-2.05.52-AM.png

:D

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20261942/conference-on-bigfoot-to-be-held-in-georgia

Dec 04, 2012

AND

Tickets

Event Schedule

The Venue and Area

Bigfoot Field Captures

Sponsor the Event

Limited Tickets

Lodging

What? They aren't going to have Matt Moneymaker as a quest speaker? I'm shocked !!! :bounce:

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher

Dec 04, 2012

AND

Tickets

Event Schedule

The Venue and Area

Bigfoot Field Captures

Sponsor the Event

Limited Tickets

Lodging

Reckon what the qualifications are of them speakers? I went to bigfoot club meeting one time up in Tennessee and to tell the truth, it's real hard to tell the difference between a bigfoot 'expert' and what I reckon is a regular ol' bigfoot believer. The great big ol' gal (and I'm talking about 'big' enough to eat hay here... bless her heart) that done the most speaking that day was a retired waitress that growed up and pretty much spent her whole life a stones throw from downtown Knoxville... but she sure knowed a heap about bigfeets! Seen them all the time, even wrote her a book on them. They was only $15 but I was a saving my money for some beer for the ride home...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Reckon what the qualifications are of them speakers? I went to bigfoot club meeting one time up in Tennessee and to tell the truth, it's real hard to tell the difference between a bigfoot 'expert' and what I reckon is a regular ol' bigfoot believer. The great big ol' gal (and I'm talking about 'big' enough to eat hay here... bless her heart) that done the most speaking that day was a retired waitress that growed up and pretty much spent her whole life a stones throw from downtown Knoxville... but she sure knowed a heap about bigfeets! Seen them all the time, even wrote her a book on them. They was only $15 but I was a saving my money for some beer for the ride home...

:bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks folks, ya'll never disappoint & continue to crack me up as usual. Always good I can count on ya'll for a chuckle or two or three.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.