**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
DJiFKfKVwAEShyg.jpg

40 MPH in Chamblee? Phooey. It was way more than that less than 6 blocks from that lat and long.

GoldDot40

I guess the trees in the higher altitudes got shell shocked worse than others. Of the several counties I was in today around NE GA , it looked like Hall Co was by far the worst. Clarke, Barrow, Jackson, Dawson, White, and Habersham all appeared to get beat up pretty good.

georgia357

Lost our power last night about 12pm and come back on around noon today. At one time in Oglethorpe County there was supposed to be around 11,000 out of 16,000 people without electricity. I would like to give a big tip of my hat to REMC linemen, they have to be some of the best.

sinclair1

I had very little high winds in woodstock. We are in a protected cut where it didn't get us.
Still unsure about Hancock county until we get there Friday, but the chainsaw will be needed I am sure.:flag:

PappyHoel

Going on day 3 without power, everyone on my road had power 6 hrs after it went out.

Anyone have any ideas why me and the neighbor behind me would be the only ones without power? Seems odd I have a neighbor on the left and right and all up down the road they have power.

PappyHoel

I guess the trees in the higher altitudes got shell shocked worse than others. Of the several counties I was in today around NE GA , it looked like Hall Co was by far the worst. Clarke, Barrow, Jackson, Dawson, White, and Habersham all appeared to get beat up pretty good.

Dawson county will probably be out of school all week. We have 3 different companies that service electricity. No one has even seen ga power yet. Those folks on hwy 9 are still out too.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Going on day 3 without power, everyone on my road had power 6 hrs after it went out.

Anyone have any ideas why me and the neighbor behind me would be the only ones without power? Seems odd I have a neighbor on the left and right and all up down the road they have power.

Do you and your neighbor that is out feed off the same transformer? If so, then the transformer fuse may be blown. That is a two minute fix. Call your power provider and explain your problem to them.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Saw a woman on Facebook ranting about Ga. Power sending linemen to Florida to help while she has gone 3 days without and lost $400 groceries in her fridge and freezer.

I wanted to rip into her, but refrained. Poor selfish little snowflake. Most folks have absolutely no clue how much worse it could have been and should be thankful that the temps are as such that the power being out isn't making their homes too hot or too cold.

Some folks would whine if you used a brand new rope to hang them.

StriperrHunterr

Saw a woman on Facebook ranting about Ga. Power sending linemen to Florida to help while she has gone 3 days without and lost $400 groceries in her fridge and freezer.

I wanted to rip into her, but refrained. Poor selfish little snowflake. Most folks have absolutely no clue how much worse it could have been and should be thankful that the temps are as such that the power being out isn't making their homes too hot or too cold.

She has my sympathy for being without power. She has none if she didn't take steps to protect herself and she gets outright contempt for making that big of a stink about it.

PappyHoel

Do you and your neighbor that is out feed off the same transformer? If so, then the transformer fuse may be blown. That is a two minute fix. Call your power provider and explain your problem to them.

I've called 5-6 times they are busy. Understandable but like you said easy fix

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
She has my sympathy for being without power. She has none if she didn't take steps to protect herself and she gets outright contempt for making that big of a stink about it.

Here is what she wrote, I'll leave out her name, but she is an equipment operator for GDOT, so it's not like she didn't have a clue what was about to happen.

Something needs to be done about Georgia power sending their linemen to Florida and leaving half our state without power. Tons of people have lost everything in their refrigerators and freezers and still dont have power..for what should have been a few hours has become a few days....their greed has cost us a lot of money .. greed because they get paid from the the time they start their trucks until the time they get back...i alone lost about $400 to $500.

In terms of how massive the destruction and damage to the power infrastructure in our state goes she truly is clueless.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

Maybe the last check got lost in the mail.It has happened to me in the past.
Check your main breaker also.

StriperrHunterr

Here is what she wrote, I'll leave out her name, but she is an equipment operator for GDOT, so it's not like she didn't have a clue what was about to happen.

In terms of how massive the destruction and damage to the power infrastructure in our state goes she truly is clueless.

I don't think that's the limits of her clueless-ness. Given that she jumped straight to greed, and knowing she works for GDOT, I'm willing to bet she's a Bernie or Hillary supporter.

rydert

Blue Heeler man

i've been without for 3 days also.....difference is, i planned accordingly. Some/lots of folks down in Florida won't even have a home to come back too. Those are the folks I feel sorry for.

sinclair1

I just heard the lake place is still without power and I am super happy the fridge and one large tree that missed the house is all I lost.

My neighbor said some stranger who he or I have never met has cut the tree and stacked it for me. Folks are awesome when you look for the good to talk about.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.