Live Coon??

blakefallin

Anybody know where I can get a live coon to train my dog with? I've been trying to catch one but haven't had any luck. I live in Northwest Ga. Thanks!!

Blackston

Is that legal ?

Blackston

Sellin one not training a dog

TurkeyH90

It ain't that hard to catch one in a live trap. Find a creek with some coon tracks. Bait trap with grape jelly. Check it every day.

Blackston

This I know I prefer an egg in trap that is covered pretty well not just out in the open. But still I ask the ? Is that legal ?

blakefallin

That's a good question about legality. I never thought about it. I've been setting the trap next to a pond, I caught one last year on sardines but haven't caught another one yet. I've used sardines, marshmallows.....I'll have to try the egg and jelly.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
not legal to sell/buy one,
not legal to possess a live coon without a permit,
not legal to trap one (yet.)

Blackston

So we learn first lesson about coon trapping is we don't talk about coon trapping

specialk

If you boys haven't already figured it out, I'm new to coon hunting! I appreciate the education!

a rolling cage and a live coon is nice to have for starting young hounds....but not necessary......get with some guys with old dogs and ask to go.......invest in a track and shock collar too.......

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If u are near Lagrange or come threw anytime let me know and I can get u one , with a day or 2 notice !

Hillbilly stalker

honey buns are great bait. Easier to catch them in town than in the country.

joey1919

Couple of big white marshmallows and some dry dog food has always worked well for me