Moultrie 990i help

Ugahunter2013

I recently purchased a Moultrie 990i with the viewing screen. I normally run Browning cams,,, this is my only Moultrie Cam. The instructions included with it were pretty much worthless. I set my cameras to take burst pictures. I assumed that I would set the camera on "custom start", but when I checked my card today there were no pictures. There is also the "quick start" function. Hopefully someone can help so I don't miss the rut with this cam. Thanks

N

NantucketShedHunter

You need to customize your custom start option. The instructions explain it all.

jam

You will have to set pictures for number and fast( 2 fast or 3 fast) to get the burst you are looking for. Now to get the camera going put on custom start and the toggle the right hand scroll button twice, you should see that the timer is counting down, mine starts at 30 seconds and counts down, motion detector will be ready to set off after the count down ends. If my memory serves me right just turning to custom start without toggling the right scroll will not start camera. Hope this helps!

mossyoakpro

The above 2 comments are correct....the "custom start" is where you want to be. It takes several minutes to figure everything out on the camera but once you do it takes very good pictures. I have never been much of a Moultrie fan but this one seems to be a winner.

Use the buttons to navigate everything and be sure to hit the center button to save your changes as you make them...then once you have it set up the way you want, I normally cut mine off for a few seconds(just my thing) to make sure everything is saved, then use the start tab and the countdown will begin.

Here is a recent pic from mine.

Best of luck!

Attachments

• MFDC6935.JPG
    MFDC6935.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

sowgabuckstalker

what trigger speeds and bursts do you guys use on Moultrie cams? I have several, about 6 total and I just dont think I have mine set right. I know they are good cams, but dont see to get all pics, I just think I do not have them set right. Thanks.

Ugahunter2013

Thanks for the replies. I run about 10 Browning cameras and they are much easier to set up.

I did originally go into the camera and change the settings to my liking. I then moved the switch to Custom Start and a week later there were no pictures.

Am I missing something or is there anything I should do once moving the switch to custom start?

I just spent 30 minutes on hold with Moultrie to ask someone there the same question. She claimed all you need to do is switch it to custom start. I guess I will try it again.

jam

Push the right hand toggle button, to the right of center menu button twice. The first time start will appear, then again and you will see the count down start. It is ready now, close and walk away or you leave open for 30 second, move and it will take picture. Now close.

mossyoakpro

Thanks for the replies. I run about 10 Browning cameras and they are much easier to set up.

I did originally go into the camera and change the settings to my liking. I then moved the switch to Custom Start and a week later there were no pictures.

Am I missing something or is there anything I should do once moving the switch to custom start?

I just spent 30 minutes on hold with Moultrie to ask someone there the same question. She claimed all you need to do is switch it to custom start. I guess I will try it again.

Be sure you do your preferences in the "custom start" mode...also don't forget to format the card to that camera. Moultrie's prompt says "erase all images" instead of format card which every other camera says so it can be confusing after coming from another brand.

I will check mine again on Saturday and try to come up with a better tutorial for you.

mossyoakpro

what trigger speeds and bursts do you guys use on Moultrie cams? I have several, about 6 total and I just dont think I have mine set right. I know they are good cams, but dont see to get all pics, I just think I do not have them set right. Thanks.

I like the 3 burst mode and as little a delay as possible...believe Moultrie to be 5 seconds? That way if you have a buck dogging a doe you can most likely catch him with either the burst or the short delay.

jam

I have a brand new M888 and it will not take pictures. It will take a test shot but can not get it to take any when set off by motion. Guess I will box it up and send back. Something is not right with it.