Thanksgiving Country Ham winner is

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
PM sent. But the main thing is keeping it in a dry cool place. If it gets to warm it will drip. I usually just get mine sliced, cook what I want then freeze the rest.

Oldstick

PM sent. But the main thing is keeping it in a dry cool place. If it gets to warm it will drip. I usually just get mine sliced, cook what I want then freeze the rest.

Thanks very much for the reply and the PM, Bo$$. After further review, the slicing and freezing idea does sound like the best option for us. Will check with the local butcher shop tomorrow.

:cool::cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 158

T-N-T

Those are some fine hams.
I know.

Congrats!!!

Oldstick

Well, shoot! The Longhorn Butcher Shop in Perry, must have new owners. Sounded like from India, and told me they don't process "outside food". Didn't even sound like he knew what a country ham was.

Gonna try one more place, and if no luck there, I'm just going to slice it off the bone and portion it up for the freezer myself.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Well, shoot! The Longhorn Butcher Shop in Perry, must have new owners. Sounded like from India, and told me they don't process "outside food". Didn't even sound like he knew what a country ham was.

Gonna try one more place, and if no luck there, I'm just going to slice it off the bone and portion it up for the freezer myself.

H22 took ours to the Quality Foods in our town and they sliced it up for us.

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
congrats enjoy

Oldstick

Couldn't Wait

We had to have a sample yesterday for suppa..

Fine eating, Mr. Bo$$.

And if you will notice, there are 9 bigger pieces in the first pic, but only 8 in the almost ready pic. I don't know what happened to it.... :huh:

:flag:

Attachments

• IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks good Oldstick. Every once and a while we will fry some in Coca Cola.