Falcons

Coenen

Barring a complete collapse or career ending injury, he is on a HOF trajectory. And horrible QB's don't make the HOF.
Nothing against him, but he'll have to win at least one Super Bowl. You don't make The Hall if your signature post season moment is 28-3.

The bar for QB's going into The Hall needs to be reset, today's game favors passing offense more than ever before. The raw numbers for QB's just don't mean as much as they once did.

By my estimation, they need to go at least 5-2 down the stretch. That means handling their business against a depleted Seattle team on Monday, sweep the Bucs, split with the Saints, beat Carolina, and take your chances against the Vikings. Most of that is doable. Even then, 10 wins may not be enough. Should be an exciting December for Atlanta fans.

Patriot44

Banned
Horrible. Matt Ryan has no idea that he is in charge unless he gets to the 2 min drill and is told, "you're in charge". He is a poor leader and a mediocre QB.

fullstrut

Hope they loose every game. Have not watched a game this year. Take a knee and it's over for me. Rich idiots IMO! Who cares. And BTW Matt Ryan SUCKS!

Patriot44

Banned
No NFL for me.

I watched two games last year, I think.. the GB v Atl game and of course the greatest meltdown in history game. I haven't so much as took a peek at a game this season and hove no plans to. The NFL is dead to me.

And Matt Ryan still sucks! :bounce:

Dialer

No one cares dude....

This is a Falcons thread by the way. Like I said, the magic IS back as we whooped the Seattle Seahawks and the Buccaneers since the beating we gave the Cowboys (that's 3 wins in a row). However, with the injuries mounting now, the proverbial "wrench" has been thrown into the mix. We go against the Vikings tomorrow which is going to be a HUGE test with all of our injuries. Our offense will be in tact, but not sure there's enough magic to help our defense against the Vikes. The fact that we're at home with our 12th man will be a tremendous help. Need to start fast, as usual, then accumulate as much as points as possible.....Gonna be tough! Maybe they'll surprise us (Again)....

tcward

This is a Falcons thread by the way. Like I said, the magic IS back as we whooped the Seattle Seahawks and the Buccaneers since the beating we gave the Cowboys (that's 3 wins in a row). However, with the injuries mounting now, the proverbial "wrench" has been thrown into the mix. We go against the Vikings tomorrow which is going to be a HUGE test with all of our injuries. Our offense will be in tact, but not sure there's enough magic to help our defense against the Vikes. The fact that we're at home with our 12th man will be a tremendous help. Need to start fast, as usual, then accumulate as much as points as possible.....Gonna be tough! Maybe they'll surprise us (Again)....

The Vikings will throttle the Falcons and you will be back to singing the blues...if I cared a thing about the unpatriotic National Football Loosers I would say go Patriots..

tcward

By the way the most exciting game played in the new dome all year was tonight...

Big7

The Oracle
I'm about as hard core as some of these "Go Dawg"
guys when it comes to the Falcons.

Been a fan since early 70's.

They have 2 back-to-back home games to get with it.

Need to win both but HAVE to beat the Saints.

This is how I roll:

Falcons.
NFC South.
NFC.

Coenen

...So, not that any of you care, but I think you could say that tonight's match up is kind of a big deal.

Vegas has New Orleans pegged as a 1.5pt favorite.

It's December, the baloney has ended. If the Falcons intend to control their own destiny, they need to post a W tonight.

henrydaviss

Give me college football any day of the week over the NFL. The players in college do it because they love the game and NFL players do it for the money. I bet if they had to pay to play the Falcons wouldn't lose or if they lose money every time they play like crap.

Patriot44

Banned
I try to tell yall every year, don't waste your life on the falcons.

Matt Ryan is a Hoorible QB ( been trying to tell yall this too).

We should make a sticky thread about the falcons sucking. :bounce:

Snort.

BornToHuntAndFish

Underwhelming last game without a TD.

Hot division leading Saints will be a big challenge twice in the next 3-games, but will show if Falcons can motivate themselves to win & get back into playoff consideration since Seahawks took their place with their last game win.

Still wondering if Falcons can create any more winning momentum this season, but ain't expecting it. Atlanta is still trying to learn how to close out with a win in the 4th Qtr.

Looking forward to Julio Jones getting his 4th 250+ yard game soon hopefully.

NBC TV broadcast tonight at the Atlanta home game with 8:30pm kickoff.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...-Orleans/da581801-a6b0-489c-bcb2-9e7b74e5e7d8

FALCONS VS. SAINTS INJURY REPORT: ANDY LEVITRE, ERIC SAUBERT RULED OUT FOR NEW ORLEANS

Posted 19 hours ago

Falcons will be without starting guard Andy Levitre against the Saints on Thursday night

Rookie tight end Eric Saubert has also been ruled out

Atlanta (7-5) will have cornerbacks Desmond Trufant and Brian Poole back in the lineup against Drew Brees and the Saints (9-3). The two corners missed Atlanta’s previous game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Saints, guard Andrus Peat is the only player ruled out and five players are questionable: Terron Armstead, Trey Hendricks, Mark Ingram, Marshon Lattimore and Marcus Williams

:confused:

Big7

The Oracle
minnie-soda are div. leaders, I think?

If the Falcons had to loose one, that was it.

Falcons (generally) play good at home.

Bout time for the Saints to lose.

Don't count the Falcons out.

Coenen

minnie-soda are div. leaders, I think?

If the Falcons had to loose one, that was it.

Falcons (generally) play good at home.

Bout time for the Saints to lose.

Don't count the Falcons out.
My expectation is for the Falcons and Saints to split their series, with the home team winning each.

Seattle still plays the Jags, Rams, Cowboys and Cardinals. Dallas will have Elliot back for that game. They could very well lose 2 of those games. Carolina still plays the Vikings, Packers(potentially with #12 back under center), and Bucs, before closing the season at the Benz. That's 2-1 going into the Falcons, assuming a Rodgers-less Packers match-up, but it could very easily become 1-2 if #12 takes the field in Carolina.

Atlanta is very much alive, and will likely be in control of their own destiny going into that week 17 matchup.

The wins against Seattle, and Dallas may well play into potential tie-break scenarios.

Water Swat

Give me college football any day of the week over the NFL. The players in college do it because they love the game and NFL players do it for the money. I bet if they had to pay to play the Falcons wouldn't lose or if they lose money every time they play like crap.

They all do it for the same reason. Only nfl players are all the best of the best of the players you liked so much a year before.

joepuppy

Picking my dirty birds to get the W tonight. They always wait til they are on the edge of elimination to start playing.

joepuppy

I'm about as hard core as some of these "Go Dawg"
guys when it comes to the Falcons.

Been a fan since early 70's.

They have 2 back-to-back home games to get with it.

Need to win both but HAVE to beat the Saints.

This is how I roll:

Falcons.
NFC South.
NFC.

:cheers::cheers::cheers: