Thanksgiving Eve trip w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I fished Monday, Tuesday and yesterday on Lanier and I was able to find a few on 2 different patterns. Monday and Tuesday the wind was out of the southeast and the fish were schooling in the afternoon. If you were in the right place at the right time you could get a few. Creek pockets were the key for me and finding the right creek pockets that held bait made it happen. Water temps are still above 60 this week and the fish are slowly changing to there winter pattern. Monday and Tuesday I found shallower fish but yesterday the wind swung around and blew a little harder out of the north and the fish I was on headed for deeper water.

Yesterday I took out my buddy Nakia and we soon realized my bite had changed along with the wind shift. We made a run up north and ran into Lanier Jim for a little insight. Jim has been my fishing calibrator for a few years now and he always get's me right. Yesterday was no different and after our Jim meeting we made a couple adjustments and started building on that. We went back down south and started doing a little less sebile and a little more deep spooning. Nakia got a Sebile fish over brush and then we moved out deep. I popped a good one on sebile when a couple of deep fish came up and then it was all deep spooning from there.

Everyone enjoy our Thanksgiving and when your saying the pre-Thanksgiving prayer please mention the ones who can't be with there families this Thanksgiving.

Here's a couple pics of our biggest.

Attachments

• IMAG2134.jpg
    IMAG2134.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 334
  • IMAG2131.jpg
    IMAG2131.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMAG2128.jpg
    IMAG2128.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMAG2139.jpg