Camera on Deer Carcass

Fork Horn

Put out a deer carcass a few days ago hoping to see a coyote coming to it. When checking it a couple of days ago, we saw a Bald Eagle so we went back and put a camera on it hoping to get photos of the Eagle. He never came back but we got these shots that I thought were worth sharing.

Attachments

• 11-23-17 054.jpg
    11-23-17 054.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,834
  • 11-23-17 058.jpg
    11-23-17 058.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,833
  • 11-23-17 059.jpg
    11-23-17 059.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,839

Josh B

We have done this a few times and it was amazing how many deer pics we get checking to see who died.

Fork Horn

That is some great pictures of that hawk for sure....what kind of camera are you running?
Those were taken with a Moultrie M-40. Bought one and liked it so much I bought another. Around $100 at Amazon. I've had a lot of different cameras but extremely happy with the picture quality from these.

1gr8bldr

The times I did that we had coyotes and Buzzards

Fork Horn

The times I did that we had coyotes and Buzzards

We had coyote pictures at night but never got any buzzard or crow pictures. In past years we've gotten more buzzard pictures than anything else. For some reason, they've left it alone this time.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I did the same thing earlier this year with a doe carcass. I had buzzards, possums, a bear and a pit bull. I'm always amazed at how fast a few buzzards can strip a carcass to the bone.

rosewood

I saw possum, buzzard and a fox when I did it.